gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 05:38:50 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Character limits  (Read 3618 times)
Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« on: October 24, 2004, 03:20:22 PM »

Greetings from the Athens o' the North.

I tried to post a large story this am (6,000+ words and some 34,000+ characters) but couldn't as the character limit is set at 20,000. Is there any chance this limit could be increased, rather than me having to split my story over two separate posts?

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »

Yeah, no problem - I just went with most of the forum defaults when setting it up.  Give me five minutes and it'll be done  heh

Edit: Done - raised to 40,000
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 03:28:19 PM by blunt » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 03:37:58 PM »

Brill heh

I'll get on and post the monster asap.

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 06:08:08 PM »

Cheers, bud heh  Our Australian friend says he'll post a couple here in the next few days too, but I haven't heard from Hulsey yet; he hasn't been around much lately tho, has he?  Maybe I'll send him an e-mail smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
speyeder
Web-Slinger
Stiff

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 07:34:25 PM »

I hope  there isn't a character or composition MINIMUM because I may have a hard time making the grade. Everyone else here so far seems to have a bit more talent in the tale-telling department than I do.  grin
Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 07:52:46 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with a bit of Flash Fiction now and again Wink

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 08:25:05 PM »

I hope  there isn't a character or composition MINIMUM because I may have a hard time making the grade. Everyone else here so far seems to have a bit more talent in the tale-telling department than I do.  grin

Don't worry about it, Spey - write as much or as little as you like.  And as for the quality stakes, don't worry about that either - we're all still learning, getting tips and honing our skills.  You might find some honest reviews helpful; I always do, even if I don't always agree with what's said  heh

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx