gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 26, 2020, 05:22:36 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  LOL look at my sig!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LOL look at my sig!!!  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
LOL look at my sig!!!
« on: November 18, 2004, 06:38:04 PM »
OMG This just makes me laugh.  I can't get Photoshop to do what I want it too!!  But here's what I got so far. Don't laugh though!

this is actually not the copy I wanted to post.  In my new sig I have the middle pic smaller and it's faded more.  I was trying for the ghost effect but I don't know exactly how to do that.  Then I have to find some cool text and give it some awesome effects.  Any pointers?

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: LOL look at my sig!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 03:37:09 AM »
Depends on what you mean by ghost effect :scratch:  You could lower the opacity of the layer, use inner or outer glow as layer effects (maybe set the glow colour to white), plus you can brush over areas with the eraser set to a low percentage, or the brush tool.

Did you mean to bring the two outside images together and have the face burning through the blue?  Or are you going to rub out the blue...fill it in?

Must get around to doing a sig of my own, and/or making use of the one aiwazz made for us too :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 10:11:05 PM »
actually the two on the sides are not  a problem yet the one in the middle is the one that I want as a faint ghosty picture.  Its too harsh so I need to soften it up a bit. 

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 05:01:31 AM »
actually the two on the sides are not  a problem yet the one in the middle is the one that I want as a faint ghosty picture.  Its too harsh so I need to soften it up a bit. 

It looks a bit jaggy around the edges, so I'd get the blur tool set to about 5px in size and sweep around the edges with it.  Then I'd get the eraser set to 10% opacity and sweep around the edges again several times, until the edges fade.  After that, I'd drop the layer opacity down to say 30% and make any final adjustments.  BTW, you could also play with the brightness and contrast (under 'image adjustments') and drop the brightness a bit, say -30.

Hope that helps :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 08:04:24 PM »
Whooooooo hoooooooo yes that does help I dont have time to play with it right now but I will try it tonight.  Thanks blunt. :-* :-* :cheers:

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 05:35:39 AM »
No probs :)

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  LOL look at my sig!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx