News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Good News and Bad News

Started by PaulC44446, April 23, 2006, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

Hello everyone,

Well I got a rejection notice from Playboy Magazine yesterday. Well, at least they replied, even though it was a form letter. It's not going to stop me from targeting large publications though. Try and try again.

I got my book "Inside the Insane" into yet another bookstore yesterday.

I'm currently working on my first audio story. I took a short flash fiction story titled 'I Am The Knife" which ran in my book and have been laying down the tracks (I'm working with 8 different tracks). This will be my first attempt at this. However, I'm really amazed thus far in production. I might've found a new source for my creativity.

PaulC44446

doolols

That sounds exciting, Paul. What are you going to do with it when you're done?
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

PaulC44446

I've been seeing a bunch of markets starting to pop up for audio stories lately. I've listened to a few myself and found them interesting enough to try and give it a go. I imagine I should be able to find a home for it once it's done. I actually have plans to do several... enough eventually to fill a cd hopefully. Then I might try and market it as a complete audio book. However, I'm considering adding video eventually as well. The software I'm using has these functions as well. I could market them as a whole and or seperately. I feel this market is very experimental right now. So far, I'm having fun with it... and that's what really matters in the end I think.

PaulC44446

doolols

Top stuff, Paul. It's a good idea to get in at the start of the new, emerging markets. While some may bemoan the fact that fewer people are reading books these days, others (like you) are finding new ways of getting your message across to the busy population. Excellent!  :afro:
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

PaulC44446

The way I look at it... a person either swings with the changes or gets left behind. Where did all the VCR tapes go???

PaulC44446