News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

OJ

Started by PaulC44446, April 29, 2006, 09:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulC44446

I almost forgot about this piece. I was going through my portfolio today and stumbled across it. I did it 10 years ago when the crime first happened. I did the black with marker then scanned it and printed it on a transperency. The red is cut paper laid under the transperency. The money is real and also an under layer.

PaulC44446

doolols

Excellent composition, Paul, juxtaposing the money, the blood-red, and the black.  :afro:
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

PaulC44446

Thank you for the comment. This piece really made a hard impact when it was first created (right after it all started hitting the news). It was displayed on campass where many seen it and had comments one way or the other. It really helped put my name out there at the time.

Even though it's been a decade, I still think it holds some impact... even though the crime has been long forgotten by many.

PaulC44446

SharonBell

Well done, Paul!  :afro: And I haven't forgotten the crime. It was a very controversial situation in my neck of the woods, black vs white. Where I worked when he was proclaimed, "Not guilty!" All the black employees cheered. I was depressed for a week.   :'( It wasn't a color issue to me. It was a gender issue. Domestic violence 101.  But that's my opinion.  :(
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

doolols

It was also a celebrity issue too, don't you think? People like OJ, with pots of money (or at least, pots of celebrity kudos) can attract the best lawyers to defend them. Same situation with some poor black kid from a ghetto would have been banged up within a week.
My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)

PaulC44446

OJ's attorny died awhile back if I remember right didn't he?

Walker

Quote from: PaulC44446 on May 09, 2006, 11:30:11 AM
OJ's attorny died awhile back if I remember right didn't he?

That's right. I believe his name was Johnny Cochrane.
Remember on Seinfeld, Kramers lawyer friend was a character patterned after Johnny Cochrane and he died on that show too? I might have that wrong, but I don't think so.
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

PaulC44446

I believe you're right about that.