gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55894 Posts in 6182 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 February 23, 2020, 01:39:17 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zoetrope down?  (Read 9449 times)
sharon
Coffin Maker

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »

Heheheh.... my office has no door to shut me in, or to keep the family out.  They hear me readin aloud and turn up the radio/television to keep from hearin me.  I know it's time to rewrite if they keep turnin up the volume.  Every now and again the volume goes down and I see shadows stretch across the doorway... I know I've done something right when the teen and the 6 yr old try to eavesdrop.  Me hubby comes in and kicks his feet up, lights a cig and tries to join the conversation.  Usually makes fun of me until I start reading 'in character', then he gets all nervous and heads for the other room.  It's the 'in character' voices that keep me in seclusion as I ponder the word/phrase choices...  grin  Try it, they'll think you're possessed if you use different voices for each character and use gestures--and they think twice before yellin at you to do somethin for them in the middle of a work session! 
This has eeked out into my everyday internal conflicts, too.  The hubby has stopped commenting about  how I argue with meself out loud  scratch good thing I don't have any secrets, eh  yes

You're okay if you talk to yourself.  You're even okay if you answer yourself.  But when you start arguing the pros and cons, and questioning your own decision....it makes em wonder about you  azn
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 05:58:05 PM »

whoah  The all-story site is back up now, so I thought I'd have a look at the fees for the course in Belize...  whoah  Ouch.  It's nigh-on $3000 for a week, and that doesn't include airfare or transfer from the airport, so I'm guessing that'll probably be at least another $800 to $1000.  It's around about what I expected, TBH, but a little too much money to justify, sadly. undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 07:09:43 PM »

Sheesh. I only spent about $5,000CDN for five weeks in the UK. That included airfare.

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 08:21:34 PM »

It says if you want to take a partner, or whatever, who doesn't want any of the writing gubbins, it costs $400 less, so the actual cost of the tuition, for seven days with a guy who's a Pullitzer prize winner, and a guy whose stories have been published in the last two BASS anthologies and in the New Yorker, is damn cheap, really.  It's the location that costs the money. 

I'd love to get that kind of quality tuition for a week - can't help thinking it would have a major impact on the standard of my writing.  But then, as I've said before, knowledge alone does not a teacher make - just because he has been successful himself, it doesn't automatically follow that he'll be able to pass his knowledge on to you, or that you will have the necessary aptitude to put any knowledge gleaned into action.  I'm not saying that's the case - only that it's possible. scratch

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx