News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

A couple of old pieces

Started by Ashen Decay, December 03, 2004, 07:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashen Decay

You may have seen these at other forums, if you go to ones I use obviously.
It's a couple of old pieces now, I can see the flaws in them more as time goes by but at the time I was quite proud :)

Well here you go, with before and afters

#1 Before:

#1 After:

#2 (Though titled 3) Before:

#2 Though also titled 3) After:

Enjoy...or not
-----------------------------------------------
Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away

Ed

The first one is very spooky and the cut looks pretty convincing.  The second one isn't quite so good, I think, but still pretty good.  Thanks for showing us your work :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

As usual I completely disagree with blunt.  The first one looks childish and poorly done.  (reminds me of the thread I just posted in with the Maddox link.   :D :D :D

j/k

The second however is much better.  It could pass for real much easier then the first.

nice work!

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

Sunny

Wow, very creative and creepy. I like the first one better than the second i htink, but thats cause of the eye staring at me.................. :o kinda creeps me out a bit. But thats a good thing, means you did a good job ;)

Second one, i think is a bit better done, only thing i can see that makes it look a bit not well done, is the one arm, which i think would be her right. Thats the only major flaw i noticed. Outside that its really good work.

They both are very good  :cheers:
You are what you eat!

Bull

I have to agree, the second is the better of the two. The wounds overall are very convincing. The first is eye catching but there seems to lack a finish about it.

Over all I would still say good job.

Lali

I like the pictures, I think they have overall good composition, but the stitches at the bottom of the first one is a tad unnecessary. The light texture on the first one was a great idea.

Were these brushes? If they were, they'd work better under Multiply. Use a soft standard brush (I find the starish looking ones to work best) and you can basically color in blood or accent the wounds, also under multiply. If they weren't brushes, you'd pretty much want to change the curves and levels and then also multiply,brush(if necessary) and then burn.

It would look more realistic if you used burn more, like on the forehead of the first one.

Sometimes duplicating and clearing off the bits you want to be lighter works too.

Ed

Good crit, lali - objective, pleasant and informative :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ashen Decay

Thanks Lali

It was made with brushes when I was messing about a little, some of my first brush works, I think I used colour burn as the mode but I can't quite remember now.
I'll bear these comments in mind on my next attempt, although I am going to avoid using other peoples brushes because I'd rather use all my own resources anyway so it may be a while before I try again.
-----------------------------------------------
Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away