News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

New arrival!

Started by GrinReaper, December 07, 2004, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinReaper

Hello all. I'm going to be absent from the site for a while, due to the fact that my wife had a beautiful baby boy on Monday! It was a hectic day, but it all worked out in the end.

Lord_of_the_Dense

Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"

Ashen Decay

Congrats on the new-born bundle of joy!
-----------------------------------------------
Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away

Neuromancer

WOOT!!!
Congratulastions!!!!

Considering how often you are away ;)  You must have a lot of kids LOL

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

Troglodyte

Great news Grin ;D Congratulations to both you and Mrs Grin: you've certainly got your work cut out for the next few years. Any thought of names yet?
Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)

Ed

I bet you're both still feeling a bit shellshocked :D  Congratulations, mate :cheers:

Just remember if he's crying and won't stop, there are only ever four reasons for it (in the early months at least) - hunger, cold, full nappy, pain.  Knowing that will keep you sane.  Breast feeding will take care of three of those four, plus it means you don't have to get up in the night ;)  Breast is definitely best :D

BTW, although it looks cool in arty posters, don't ever cuddle a baby without your T-shirt on - they don't know a dry well when they see one, and will latch-on to anything resembling a nipple :o :D
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

LOL

One can usually rule out he pain cry even uninformed father's like ourselvs.  So really it only boils down to the other 3

You should be able to figure out which is which by your 3rd child

And yeah DEFINITELY wear a shirt LMAO

GrinReaper

Vivacious

Congratulations!! Hmm, let's see... jewels of wisdom to impart:

1. My favorite gift of all time when I had my first son was a simple sturdy basket. During the first few weeks of CONSTANT breastfeeding/diaper changing/clothes changing I carried the basket full of supplies (nappies, wipes, blanket, change of clothes- shirt for me, itty bitty shirt for him, remote control, ointment, toys, and cordless phone) right next to me as I moved from room to room.  I restocked it once a day and never had to run around, everything was right there in the basket!

2. Keep it simple. Fancy diapers, air flow plastic nipples, wipe box warmer... these things are gimmicks. Your baby doesn't need much more than love, food and changing. Don't give into the pressure from all those crappy advertisements! Baby doesn't care which brand name he wears.

3. Take lots of pictures. It amazed me how much my boys changed everyday for the first year! The pics I have are now priceless. :)

And sleep when he sleeps!! Congrats again!

Ed

LOL, yeah - sleep fitfully and often :2thumbs: - and allow an extra 30 minutes for every visit to a supermarket too, in order to compensate for being mobbed by old ladies cooing over your baby :D  Stuff like this they don't tell you about in pre natal care :scratch: :cheers:

Between us we're bound to think of more wisdoms to impart, so check back soon, Dad!  ;D
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

For an infant I dont have a whole lot of advice.  Apart from what was already feed.  My babies were always attached to the milk factory so my role was more along the lines of feeding the cow, and throwing out the stinky garbage!!!

(j/k ladies no offence meant)

As they start crawling it becomes necesary to put all the stuff you want to keep up high.  And make sure that things like change are kept out of reach.

Also things like teething rings are VERY important at 4-6 Months+.  Never the less my coffee table has bite marks all along the edges of it ;)

(My wife wanted to throw out it out and she is the sentimental one!! I couldn't believe it!  Those are my SONS tooth marks, I will keep it!)

I dont have a lot of pictures of my kids and it is one of my biggest regrets :(

Invest in a digital camera and lots of CD's.  (My collection grew substantially after that :) )