News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Found this site

Started by Ed, September 10, 2006, 04:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I haven't seen it before - www.latelateshow.net 

It's a site featuring horror stories and they have a weekly podcast story, which I thought was good.  Right click and 'save as' this link to hear one - http://latelateshow.net/Audio/Three%20strikes.mp3
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Dan

Good site - i've got something subbed to them at the moment...
www.HellInside.com - welcome to Hell!

Ed

I read a few of the stories on there and thought they were good - well written and pretty strong.  Lost at Seahouse was one I thought was nicely done.  Looks like a high editorian standard there, so a worthwhile publishing credit if your story's accepted.  Good luck with the sub, Dan.   :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Dan

Yeah, it's a good site for an e-zine.

You should send something on to them...

In fact, do you ever sub anything out? You must have a whole book of stories by now!

Ed

Quote from: Dan on September 11, 2006, 10:12:57 AM

In fact, do you ever sub anything out? You must have a whole book of stories by now!

It's pretty rare that I sub anything out.  In fact I can probably count the total on one hand.  There's no particular reason for me not subbing - I'm not afraid of rejection or anything like that.  You're right that I've got a book load by now.  I had around thirty stories of mine ready to go into a short story collection before I even began this site, and that was two years ago.  In the interim I've probably written more then twice that number, if I include flashes :huh:

I really should get on and sub stuff out.  I'm gradually polishing up a couple of stories to send to Borderlands, at the moment, but after that's done I think I'll chuck a few out there and see who bites. :afro:

Dan

Borderlands would be a good credit...As well as your own antho of course - if it gets accepted  ;)

Geoff_N

Although I attempt to keep tabs on stories I sub out, I sometimes put it off.
Inevitably I get an e-mail or letter addressed to me, by me, in the post to tell me of an acceptance or more likely rejection of a story I'd not only forgotten I'd subbed, but forgotten I'd written!

that latelateshow is greatgreat, Ed.   :bleh:
Geoff