News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

??

Started by Jo Skead, November 04, 2006, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Skead

Hi guys

Ive just posted a flash story onto the dark fiction bit in the critique forum.  Theres a message saying that its not the main critique section.  Where should I post my stories to?

Jo :scratch:

Ed

There's a more formal critique group that's hidden from view, and that's what the message relates to.  It's formal in the way that critiques are standardised to follow a marking template, there's one session per month (beginning on the first of each month) and, in return for having your story critiqued by other members (usually at least four crits), you are expected to critique at least four of the stories yourself.

If you want serious feedback and you're prepared to do some work, that's the place, but you'll probably still get a brief comment in the dark fiction area of the forum, if you don't have time to participate.  The only way you can get into the formal group is by asking me for entry, so if you want to give it a try let me know and I'll give you access. :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Jo Skead

Hi blunt

thanks for letting me know, still trying to find my way round the site.  I would like to have a go with the formal crtique section if thats okay with you...?  I've not critiqued anyone's work before as being a beginner i dont feel in the postition to make those kind of comments yet.  Got to start somewhere i suppose...

cheers

Jo

Ed

Yep - doing the crits is a good way to start, I think.  I'll let you in for a look around, so you can familiarise yourself with the crit template and read some of the craft discussions, but you won't be able to post a story until the next session begins on December 1st.  By all means feel free to join in with any discussions that are going on, or begin one of your own if you like :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]