News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The crystal Ball

Started by Bull, December 12, 2004, 06:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull

Little C&C needed

Think it needs come clarity on the dragon.  :scratch:

Ed

Yeah, this is very hard to get right - I tried it before, only I was attempting to make it look like an embryo inside a yolk sac, or whatever you call it.  Adding the animation makes it harder again, so you've done pretty well, IMO :)

I'm not quite sure if you are trying to do the same thing I'm thinking of, but if you are, you might want to play around with the opacity of the outer layer - making it more dense on the extreme outside, almost transparent to about half way in, and then denser again in the middle, but not as dense as the outside.  Dunno if that makes sense, or if I'm on the wrong track altogether :scratch: but yeah, I think you need a bit more definition on the dragon - it looks a bit vague and two dimensional at the moment.

Still a very good image though :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Bull

The dragon was ment to be a still image with the vapour seeming to move around it. Not an easy image to pull off for sure...actually you have given me an idea though to expand that crystal ball effect. I think I will go with the dragon flying in from the distance through the vapour cloud in the ball.

That should keep me out of trouble..lol

Neuromancer

Well since you are changing it, moot point...

But I like it except for one thing..

The Dragon should be more trapped inside... I guess thats kind of embryonic LOL

I dont know if you can enlarge the dragon and then stretch/ skew it into a circle?  If PS can't do it I dont doubt PSP can, that app was amazing  ahh well

If its possible give it a try,  of yeah and make it bolder... cut down the opacity of the tranparent layer too LOL

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

Troglodyte

A great image :cheers:

I can't add any more useful comments than Blunt and Neuro's (I'm a total novice with PS) How easy would it be to give the dragon more colour/shading - red/green?  I like the embryonic slant too, maybe make the sphere more egg shaped?
Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)

Lali

I think the overall image is good, though I don't know how you made the moving mist  :P...

I agree with Neuro, the ball should be smaller, and since you wanted it to look like a still(the dragon)  you should skew it just a leeetle bit. To make the dragon eye-catching toggle the levels and burn it up a little.

Also, the ball itself should look round. You have the color thing down but I think you should give it the light reflection look, something like this 

That'd be easy, just a gradient or brush it on with a soft rounded brush and blur.

Good idea, though :D.