gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 31, 2020, 07:33:11 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Lali vs. Bull - just chat and no pics.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lali vs. Bull - just chat and no pics.  (Read 11923 times)

Offline Bull

• Stiff
  • Can you handle the truth
    • Bulls Graphics Forum
Re: Lali vs. Bull
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 07:14:46 PM »
You choose the photo (Render) we will battle with.  8)

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 06:49:39 AM »
By the way blunt, I wanted to change my name to 'Lali' with a capital L (mistake while I registered) but I can't seem to change it.

And also, I think it would be a good idea to delete this thread, or at least rename it and create a new Lali vs Bull. It's not that there shouldn't be comments in our battle thread, I'd appreciate if people did respond to it but all our discussion here so far seems a bit spam-ish. :P

It'd be inconvenient to have to sift through 3 pages of posts and find one or two pictures.

No probs with changing your name, except I have to e-mail you a new password as part of the process - you can change the password back to what you had before in the 'profile' screen.  (I don't have access to the original)

I'll rename the thread to save confusion, as you suggested - like you say, nobody wants to trawl through 3 pages before finding an image :)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Vivacious

• Resident Hottie
  • Administrator
  • Grave Digger
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 03:37:08 PM »
Hey Blunt, I know I haven't been around much, but hopefully I've saved you two a headache.   ;)

If you'll notice, 'lali' is now 'Lali'. I did it thru the Admin Panel, no fuss no muss. I don't think a new password has to be mailed or any other steps will be needed. The capitalization was pretty straight-forward.

Hope that's how you wanted it, Lali!   8)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 04:04:39 PM »
Cheers, Viv :)  From the look of it, I thought a new password was part of the deal - maybe that's just if you change the entire name then, huh? :scratch:

Nice to see you around again, stranger ;)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Vivacious

• Resident Hottie
  • Administrator
  • Grave Digger
Re: Lali vs. Bull - just chat and no pics.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 04:42:14 PM »
I think that's just if we needed to change the password; like if she forgot it and needed us to reset it.  At least, that's what I gather since it's blank.   :scratch: I think it's possible to change the Display name of a user acct to anything while the name they registered with remains as part of the acct information.

:hidin: I haven't been hiding, really!! I've been switching over to my new pc, burning stuff and cleaning out my old pc, and setting up my son's pc... and I still have two more to go, but those will probably be set up next month! I've been lurking around.. some, I promise I'll be here more!! DON'T BAN ME!!!!!!!  :D

PS, sorry for hijackin!

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 06:24:15 PM »
Ban you? :scratch:  Never - I'd just get Speyeder to give you a sound spanking ;)  Yup, normal night then.... :fugly:

How are the new comps working out?  I hope they came loaded with an OS, at least - I hate having to start from scratch.  It all takes so long, even with a fast comp >:(

Offline Vivacious

• Resident Hottie
  • Administrator
  • Grave Digger
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 09:04:57 PM »
They were all missing hard drives, memory (RAM) and power cords.  So I have to install an OS on each one after I buy and install the missing hardware.  So far my sons have a nice PIII (600mhz) with 258 mb of ram. Mine has dual processors but I've yet to whip out the OverClockulator and do anything special with it.  XP Pro on each machine, Firefox, PeerGuardian, Norton, etc etc all loaded by moi. ::) I still haven't burned even half of my music.... :o

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 09:11:30 PM »
Yeesh - you've had your work cut out for you then :o

Offline Neuromancer

• Indefatigable Misanthrope
  • Mortician
  • Semper Veritas
    • Net-Tronic
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 07:02:37 PM »
Once I finish my master XP Unattended boot Disk I can do something for ya Viv

since you have many similar PCs... I can make an unattended XP boot disk with all the drivers and software included in the installation process!

Hows that!

Currently my disk I am running one more test on before I reformat

1.8GB install.

Instals XP Pro with all tweaks and security settings already changed,  Includes SP2 slipstreamed as well as installing a half dozen hotfixes Antivirus software, firewall, spybot and dec 16 updates... Office 2003 and Front Page 2003, both with SP1 slipstreamed.  A couple dozen new themes, and the default them altered... New Fonts included, etc etc

Next step is an auto patritioning tool, because I install windows on one hard drive, documnets and settings on another partition, and program filse on a third partition

Doing this so if Windows becomes corrupted I can reformat C: and keep all of my other settings.  All I would need to do is update the registry (with a reg back up performed weekly) to keep all my programs running smoothly.

Anyway..

This is going to be the focus Oof my new company... if I get the grant to get it started..

Custom PCs with custom installs!

Or something like that..

Gotta work all the little details out, but basically thats it!

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005, 02:52:03 AM »
Damn where's the battle field pics???  enough talk already lets see some action!!! >:( >:( >:(

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 04:56:44 AM »
Damn where's the battle field pics???  enough talk already lets see some action!!! >:( >:( >:(

The pics are on the other thread, Bitey ;)  BTW, there's an open battle running too, so if you want to join in....

On a more serious note - I'm wondering if Lali's OK - she lives in one of the countries affected by the tsunami :/  I sent her an e-mail yesterday, so hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2005, 12:27:39 AM »
OH shit really she lives over there?  I hope she's ok too.  Lali please be ok!

Offline Lali

• Stiff
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2005, 01:37:19 AM »
Hey guys,

I know I disappeared for quite a bit.....again, but that was because school was a couple of days away and my family and I were in a frenzy to get all my supplies. Crazy stuff..

As for the tsunami, yes Malaysia was hit (thank God not as nearly as bad as Sri Lanka or Indonesia) The death toll here now stands at 66, and pretty much only one small area of Malaysia was effected, the Penang Islands and the upper coastline of the Peninsula. Kuala Lumpur, which I where I am, experienced no damage at all, so I'm fine, thanks for caring.  :P

I'll be a little less around, with school and everything, but still as active as possible, so don't miss me too much  :azn:

As for Lali vs Bull, a thousand apologies, it'll have to be on hold for a while.

Offline Bitey

• Stiff
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2005, 04:59:52 PM »
Well it's good to see that you and your family are ok.  I know it's fun to see you compete with Bull, but school is more important.  Good luck with that and we hope to see you soon.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2005, 06:53:44 PM »
Phew!  Glad to see you're alright, Lali :afro: 

No worries about the challenge - like Aunty Biter :o said - school's more important :grin: 

Looks like Bull's taking a leave of abcense as well. :smiley:

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Dark Art Images  |  Lali vs. Bull - just chat and no pics.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx