News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Final Harry Potter book due out in July

Started by Lord_of_the_Dense, February 01, 2007, 11:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_of_the_Dense

LONDON - "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the last of seven installments of the boy wizard's adventures, will be published July 21, author J.K. Rowling said Thursday.

Rowling announced the publication date on her Web site.

Bloomsbury, her British publisher, said it would publish a children's hardback edition, an adult hardback, a special gift edition and an audio book on the same day.

Read entire story here.
Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"

Ed

Hi, LotD :afro:

I bet Rowling will be glad to see the back of Harry Potter - she's said as much in the past.  It'll be interesting to see whether she manages to come up with another best selling character, or whether she hangs up her keyboard.  Never know, she could carry on with a spin-off line of books on one of the other characters. :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Nathan

After Potter? I'm thinking "Young Dumbledore Adventures," myself.

Ed

Quote from: Nathan on February 02, 2007, 07:17:07 PM
After Potter? I'm thinking "Young Dumbledore Adventures," myself.

Yes, it seems the trend is for prequils, doesn't it?  Hey, maybe the adventures of the young Voldermort (sp?) and how he turned to the dark side might be more in fitting :scratch: :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Robert M. Blevins

It's difficult to say what Rowling will do now.
I saw her recent picture here and there...she looks pretty damn tired, if you ask me.

Making SO much money in such a reletively short time is a beautiful thing for any writer, but sometimes you wonder if it will affect creativity. Hungry writers sometimes create great works. If you already have a hundred million in the bank, perhaps you no longer have the same drive and motivation as previously. You begin to look at other avenues in life, such as a nice vacation in the Bahamas with some lobster and a bucket of iced Coronas... :afro:

I could be wrong on this one. Never been in that position. (lol)

I know some writers who make it big, as Rowling has done, often purchase the newest equipment, software, a staff, etc. and begin cranking out books the easier way.

We'll see what she does next... :scratch:
'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'

Nathan

Hey, maybe the adventures of the young Voldermort (sp?) and how he turned to the dark side might be more in fitting

I'd say yes, but we've already trodden that ground in the series proper. The history of Tom Marvolo Riddle is no secret.

Ed

TBH, I don't know much about the books - I haven't read any of them.  I've enjoyed the films, though :smiley:

hugs_and_love

I think she'll be done with the HP books. I doupt she'll do a spinoff. I would like  to see the young james and lily a wee bit though.
"If a man has not found something he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live."
"You can lust at yourself; it is called narcissism."