News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Open GFX Battle...No Chat in this one..lol

Started by Bull, December 22, 2004, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sepia

I used PS7 with 3rd party plug-ins.
But, I have in my arsenal: Illustrator 10, Image ready, actually the whole Adobe thing including Dimaensions--their 3D prog.
Bryce 5, Corel GFX Ssuite 11, Poser 5, Lightwave 7 & 8, & a bunch of free downloads fromt he web.
I was mod for "cultural" stuff on UTC, one of the first  things I did was try to find free clean progs for people that didn't have the "pro" stuff. Actually, I found quite a few powerful progs including 3D stuff & vector, 2 areas not so easy to find.
I have a site at DevArt & because of the number of artists in there that are from foreign countries, I have had a wonderful chance to learn from them.
So, I have a lot of stuff. Oh yeah, I just got PSP 8 also.
Unfortunately, I am now a super-mod so haven't had the chance to spend as much time doing the "Challenges" that I started over at UTC, but there are still a lot of talented artists that have picked up my slack while I try to report news, etc.

Oh yeah, I also have all the other stuff a Graphic Designer has like Quark, InDesign, etc. I just haven't got them all installed.
Short question, long answer. Sorry............... :cheesy:

BTW, I can't stand Michael jackson simply because of his lifestyle. But, if my demon looks like him and is considered a demon, that's cool by me.
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Bitey

I am an artist but my art is done mostly on paper and stuff.  The computer is something I am still learning how to manipulate.  Wish I could work the computer the way I do paints pencil etc.

Ed

I'd like to see some of your stuff, Bitey - isn't there any of it on the internet anywhere? :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

sepia

Quote from: Bitey on April 08, 2005, 08:22:06 PM
I am an artist but my art is done mostly on paper and stuff. The computer is something I am still learning how to manipulate. Wish I could work the computer the way I do paints pencil etc.
I think traditional art is fantastic, and that too many people get crossed over into computer art if they go into a profession like Design. I am just now getting back to traditional art, I have actually missed it.
I look forward to seeing your pieces.
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Ed

Computer art is a very different medium to traditional art.  Traditional art is a very tactile thing, with smells and textures, whereas computer artwork is quite clinical.  Mind you, it's quicker to pack away, and your brushes are always soft :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

Computer art is easier to get something passable, but still really hard to get something Great.

I can not draw to save my life.. (a curse of being lefthanded?)  I still would like to get a drawing tablet to add to my creations..  I cant use a mouse because though I am a lefty I do so many things with my right hand... like use a mouse..

side efffect of growing up in schools in the 70's I guess..

Not enough left handed scissors to go around or whatnot. :P

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

sepia

You are funny Neuromancer.........left handed people are often thought to be more creative and less "practical" or whatever in their thinking. A lot of Engineers, Doctors, Researchers, Artists, musicians, Writers, etc are lefties. My dad is a lefie engineer, as was my Step-father, and his father who wqas a physician.

I started out as a lefties, in school during the 60's, and though it was a private school, it was considered impractical to be left-handed,  yeah the scissors thing....So I write and draw as a rightie, and crochet as a leftie, knit as a rightie. I lived in the Alaskan bush for several years and had to learn howto use guns up there in the woods. Rifles are left handed--couldn't get my eye to line up with the sight on the right, pistols/short guns, were right handed.

I agree that traditional is much more tactile, and I am a "visual/kinetic" learner, which I guess would make me tactile. My last place was fantaswitic for that, had a ton of room to move around in. But, this place, though much more modern and lacking in charm, has much less space for that sort of thing without looking "messy", something I never minded until my daughter moved in with her mess.  :o Still a tean I guess, 19, so hopefully that will change when she hits 20 in the fall (but I doubt it..........)

||AmAzeD||

Quote from: blunt on March 23, 2005, 02:16:03 PM
Nice work, Sepia :afro:  Can't help thinking the dude looks a lot like Michael Jackson now though :scratch:

Lmao nice one blunt  :bleh:
Carelessness Has Caused A Scar .....

If Only ,The Ones I Loved Were Ok..

I am as  have Feared...

sepia

Quote from: ||AmAzeD|| on May 11, 2005, 09:26:49 PM
Quote from: blunt on March 23, 2005, 02:16:03 PM
Nice work, Sepia :afro:  Can't help thinking the dude looks a lot like Michael Jackson now though :scratch:

Like I said b4, IMO, and it is just my opinion, I think Jackson is a demon. Not only is his behavior bad, he looks like his nose will fall off.

Lmao nice one blunt :bleh: