News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Just fiddling around with PS

Started by Ed, June 27, 2007, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I'm not all that happy with the way the portal has worked out, so I was thinking about going back to having the old system I started with, where we have a basic html site as the front end of CafeDoom and the forum as a separate entity, reachable via a button. With this in mind I started messing around with Photoshop and trying to come up with a new look for the Doom front page. This is one header design I came up with. I like it to look at, but I don't think it's really suitable for the site.

Just messing around with different ideas :smiley: Feeling a bit artistic at the moment....
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

I like it, though it might read like Cafe boom to some... I like that too!

Ed

:scratch: In all these years I've never noticed that, Geoff. Weird. You're right, though :smiley:

I think the style probably better suits a sci-fi theme, and it still needs a central image - I just liked the way those bars ended up looking glassy and a little bit like lapis. It's just a strip of stone texture made with cloud filters and gaussian blur, then I've added a few touches with a grunge brush, overlayed a blue stripe, reduced its opacity, etc., etc. Now I just need to make one to a dark theme :huh:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]