gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 03:35:10 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3rd Anniversary voting thread  (Read 44466 times)
joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »

what's that Phillip K Dick collection called? Sounds good.
I think I'm going to get another USB memory key - i lost my last one, and it had 4 chapters of a book i was writing on it. I had other copies, so it wasn't a disaster, but i've missed having one.
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

There are two Philip K Dick collections on Amazon, Jon. One is Minority Report (and other stories) and the other is We Can Remember it For You Wholesale (and other stories) which was filmed as Total Recall. I'm going to have them both. I was going to get Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep too but I wanted Stephen King's Everything's Eventual short story collection. I've only got about fifty Stephen King books so I feel a bit deprived Wink

joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »

Sounds good - i loved 'Do Androids...' but i always felt that Blade Runner didn't quite do it justice.
Did you see the film of A Scanner Darkly? I thought Keanu Reeves was the most animated I've ever seen him   grin
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2007, 03:09:21 AM »

No, I haven't seen that. It sounds interesting. I saw the book the other day and considered it. I'll see how I get on with his short story collections first, I think. I've never actually read his work. I've only seen the film adaptations.

Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2007, 07:04:50 AM »

My voucher arrived this morning. Thanks Ed 2thumbs They can't be used on Amazon.co.uk (not sure why that is) so I've had a lovely browse and ordered my first ever items from Amazon.com. It's so exciting, knowing that I've got books coming from America! It also means I'll be able to leave reviews on Amazon.com now whereas I haven't been able to before.

A whole new world has opened up for me. cheers

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2007, 01:00:22 PM »

Cool - glad to hear you've got it - they took a while to come, didn't they? I was beginning to wonder if I should chase them up or not. Strange they won't accept them on amazon.co.uk. I had assumed they would, too scratch

I hope you enjoy your books smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »

I got mine today too thanks Ed. Still trying to decide what I should get from my ever growing Amazon wish list!
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »

Thanks for letting me know you got it safely smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

Got mine today - excited to receive post for Jon Eastwood for the first time!!   cool
Having a browse on Amazon now...
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »

Cool - thanks for letting me know afro I hope you enjoy your shopping smiley

PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »

I will, I promise! Book shopping is one of life's great pleasures. Of course, I might have to try to resist the pull of all those Marvel grpahic novels I want. (Yes, that's my way of trying to make reading comics sound grown up...)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2007, 03:47:19 AM »

I think they're an art form in their own right - vibrant colours, plenty of movement, a little bit kitsch. What's not to like?  Wink

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »

I will, I promise! Book shopping is one of life's great pleasures. Of course, I might have to try to resist the pull of all those Marvel grpahic novels I want. (Yes, that's my way of trying to make reading comics sound grown up...)

Hell, yeah! My better half corrects me every time I call them "comics!" You should check out Marvel Zombies. Twisted.
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »

I don't know much about 'comics', but I gather Japanese anime is considered a great art form and collected by people all over the world. It must take some skill to depict a scene in one picture which doesn't move, and just the chance of adding a few words.

PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

If you watch Heroes, a lot of stuf they do in that is lifted from comics. Then again, it's hardly a surprise as a lot of the show's creators are comics people.

Oh, and I could tell you which comics to read to see where they got some of their plotlines from!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx