3rd Anniversary voting thread

Started by Ed, October 14, 2007, 08:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sallyq

Oh I love Heroes. I haven't a clue what's going on half the time, but I love it. Yes, I can see the influence of comics upon the plot, as well as comic art, which is pretty much what Isaac the artist blokey does, isn't it?

PaulH

Woo hoo! My Amazon order has been despatched. I now have all six books in Tanya Huff's blood series to look forward to, plus a couple of Green Lantern graphic novels. Thanks again to Ed and everyone who voted for my story  :afro:

Ed

Cool :afro: Thanks for taking part in the first place :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delboy

Ed, just to let you know I've now picked up my voucher from my mail forwarding address. Many thanks again. I think what you're doing here is extremely generous and inspiring.  :afro: I'm quite tempted to purchase The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer. Always liked Mailer and, with his sad passing a few days back, this would seem like a fitting tribute.

On another subject, my house move is (hopefully - touches wood) going to be complete later this week and if all goes well I may have regular access to the web again; just in time for the December story week.

Regards,
Del
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Ed

You're welcome, Del - I enjoyed the comp as much as everybody else, so it wasn't without gain for me. Glad to hear you got the voucher safely, and that your house move is going well. I hope you enjoy the book :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]