gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 08:27:54 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3rd Anniversary Competition Rules and discussion thread  (Read 37906 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 04:28:48 PM »

Got it here, Jon afro Good luck, welcome to the forum, and thanks for entering the comp smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »

BTW, six entries already, but two haven't enclosed their forum IDs, so I have no way of knowing who they are when the voting begins scratch I'll have to give them a nudge and ask them for the missing details, I suppose.

Still, six stories isn't bad for this early in the comp afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »

If it was me, I'd end up with the aisle seat and spend the whole flight getting my elbow taken out by the stewardess trolley, having people climb over me to get to the toilet, and I'd probably have a four year-old in the seat behind who spends the whole flight kneeing me in the back and tapping me on top of the head with a purple plastic dinosaur that sings repetitive nursery rhymes every time it gets tapped. Still, it could be worse.  grin

Yes, you could be seated between two morbidly obese people (a couple), at least one of whom is flatulent as I was on a loooooong flight.  pissed

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »

Still, six stories isn't bad for this early in the comp afro

Outstanding, I'd say!  dance

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 06:50:08 PM »

If it was me, I'd end up with the aisle seat and spend the whole flight getting my elbow taken out by the stewardess trolley, having people climb over me to get to the toilet, and I'd probably have a four year-old in the seat behind who spends the whole flight kneeing me in the back and tapping me on top of the head with a purple plastic dinosaur that sings repetitive nursery rhymes every time it gets tapped. Still, it could be worse.  grin

Yes, you could be seated between two morbidly obese people (a couple), at least one of whom is flatulent as I was on a loooooong flight.  pissed

Look on the bright side - there's always somewhere comfy to rest your head in that situation grin (After you've plugged your nostrils, of course undecided )

PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »

I'll certainly be trying to get something in for this - it was Flirtybee's SlingInk post that brought me here. (Back here actually - I joined some time ago but my account got deleted because I kept forgetting to stick my head round the door - d'oh!)

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »

Sorry for deleting you - I thought I recognised the name huh  Now and then I have a quick culling spree and delete inactive accounts. It's nothing personal fugly

Good luck in the comp afro

doolols
Coroner

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

Hello  Wink

Thanks for the message, Ed. Fingers flexing as I write ...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:31:31 PM by doolols » Logged

My name is Gerald, and I am a writer (practicing for AA - Authors Anonymous)
PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »

Sorry for deleting you - I thought I recognised the name huh  Now and then I have a quick culling spree and delete inactive accounts. It's nothing personal fugly

Don't worry - i should be more active. My wife sometimes prods me with a stick to make sure I'm still alive...
Robert M. Blevins
Coffin Maker

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 12:36:26 AM »

I cannot participate in this particular comp because of my relationship with Adventure Books of Seattle. But, I will say this much to everyone else. Anytime you have a chance to enter a competition for prizes without a fee, you definitely should submit something.

Something gruesome, and without mercy... evil

'Don't give up reaching for the stars...
just build yourself a bigger ladder.'
neilmarr
Coffin Maker

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 02:46:55 AM »

Word spread a little more. Good luck folks. Neil
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 04:32:12 AM »

Thanks, Neil afro

Robert - the comp is open to everybody and, since the judging is by poll, and there's no anthology attached to this comp, there's nothing to stop you polishing an old story and submitting it, if you want to.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 04:34:49 AM »

Don't worry - i should be more active. My wife sometimes prods me with a stick to make sure I'm still alive...

Me too. I've taken to playing dead, especially when gardening is mentioned. undecided

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 06:37:38 AM »

Morning all, another newbie enticed here by the competition... actually Geoff said if I agreed to vote for his story he'd have a word with the committee and let me join. And here I am!

Cheers,
Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »

Hi. I heard about the contest at the Brian Keene message board. Was wondering how to know if my submission was received? Can't wait to read everyone's stories!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx