gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 18, 2017, 01:31:03 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3rd Anniversary Competition Rules and discussion thread  (Read 37909 times)
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2007, 09:04:39 AM »

...still can't wait...Is it Wednesday yet?
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:54 PM »

Thanks, Geoff - I haven't checked my e-mail yet, since I've been home from work, but if I still haven't had any joy after I look, I'll take you up on your kind offer. And hey - no putting it through the Bonsai scrambler before you send it back, OK? fugly

I've got all the other stories collated and edited into BB code mode, ready to post on Wednesday. Looking forward to it, too afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
darksouth
Stiff

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2007, 03:46:28 PM »

hiding I'm embarrassed to have to ask this, but, erm, is the deadline midnight at the beginning or the end of the 30th?  confused I want to enter but I procrastinated (as usual) and in order to ensure I don't miss the deadline I wanted to make certain which midnight was correct. heh

Thank you.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »

Tomorrow night  afro

Welcome to the board, Darksouth - good luck in the comp smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
darksouth
Stiff

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »

Hallelujah! And thanks!   dance
sylvrilyn
Grave Digger

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2007, 05:17:26 PM »

Well, I did it.  *gulp*  That may have been my most intense writing experience within memory.  In less than three full days I've manage to convince myself I could do it, then that my story was utterly stupid, and then that maybe it was okay after all.  Whew.  What an adventure!  Here's hoping you guys don't hate it.  Wink

Looking forward to reading everyone's stuff!
SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Ah, the joy of being a writer.

While writing story: This is exciting! I think I really have something here  afro

Halfway through story: Huh...I'm starting to feel a little down about this. It's not as perfect as I thought it was going to be.  scratch

Done with story: I'm done! I did it! Everything is wonderful!  cheers

About five minutes later: Shit...I still have to edit.  Angry

Post Edit: Everything I have written or ever will write is crap  Cry

After a good night's sleep: I was being silly. This story is pretty good. I should send it out today!  grin

After sending story: Oh god, what if they don't like it?  undecided

Later: I'm just being hard on myself. Besides, I have another story idea, and this time it will be MUCH easier!  azn
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »

I think we all feel the same, don't we? The times I've posted a submission or hit 'send' on an email submission then immediately wished I could drag the submission back out of the letterbox/cyberspace for one last edit.

sylvrilyn
Grave Digger

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »

*cackles*  That's it exactly Sam.  Brilliant nut-shell!
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »

And there was me thinking it was just me who went through that thought process grin

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »

Just another five minutes or so to go until the contest is closed to further entries. I've got a couple more stories in my inbox, so we're over the twenty entries mark, which I think is pretty good for a spur of the moment comp smiley

Thanks again to everybody who took the time to enter the comp. I'll post the entries tomorrow morning, at about 9AM, and the voting threads will be available for use soon after. Good luck to everybody

rootofevil
Stiff

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2007, 08:11:34 PM »

This should be fun 8)
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »

Yippee!! cheers
SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

Let the orgy of horror begin!!!
 reaper

Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2007, 04:27:46 AM »

Good luck everyone, and well done Ed for coordinating it all and giving us this chance. afro

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx