News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

3rd Anniversary Competition Rules and discussion thread

Started by Ed, October 14, 2007, 08:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starktheground

Ed

Thanks, Geoff - I haven't checked my e-mail yet, since I've been home from work, but if I still haven't had any joy after I look, I'll take you up on your kind offer. And hey - no putting it through the Bonsai scrambler before you send it back, OK? :fugly:

I've got all the other stories collated and edited into BB code mode, ready to post on Wednesday. Looking forward to it, too :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

darksouth

:hidin: I'm embarrassed to have to ask this, but, erm, is the deadline midnight at the beginning or the end of the 30th?  ??? I want to enter but I procrastinated (as usual) and in order to ensure I don't miss the deadline I wanted to make certain which midnight was correct. ;D

Thank you.

Ed

Tomorrow night  :afro:

Welcome to the board, Darksouth - good luck in the comp :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

sylvrilyn

Well, I did it.  *gulp*  That may have been my most intense writing experience within memory.  In less than three full days I've manage to convince myself I could do it, then that my story was utterly stupid, and then that maybe it was okay after all.  Whew.  What an adventure!  Here's hoping you guys don't hate it.  ;)

Looking forward to reading everyone's stuff!

SamLeeFreak

Ah, the joy of being a writer.

While writing story: This is exciting! I think I really have something here  :afro:

Halfway through story: Huh...I'm starting to feel a little down about this. It's not as perfect as I thought it was going to be.  :scratch:

Done with story: I'm done! I did it! Everything is wonderful!  :cheers:

About five minutes later: Shit...I still have to edit.  >:(

Post Edit: Everything I have written or ever will write is crap  :'(

After a good night's sleep: I was being silly. This story is pretty good. I should send it out today!  :grin:

After sending story: Oh god, what if they don't like it?  :/

Later: I'm just being hard on myself. Besides, I have another story idea, and this time it will be MUCH easier!  :azn:

Sallyq

I think we all feel the same, don't we? The times I've posted a submission or hit 'send' on an email submission then immediately wished I could drag the submission back out of the letterbox/cyberspace for one last edit.

sylvrilyn

*cackles*  That's it exactly Sam.  Brilliant nut-shell!

Ed

And there was me thinking it was just me who went through that thought process :grin:

Ed

Just another five minutes or so to go until the contest is closed to further entries. I've got a couple more stories in my inbox, so we're over the twenty entries mark, which I think is pretty good for a spur of the moment comp :smiley:

Thanks again to everybody who took the time to enter the comp. I'll post the entries tomorrow morning, at about 9AM, and the voting threads will be available for use soon after. Good luck to everybody

SamLeeFreak

Sallyq

Good luck everyone, and well done Ed for coordinating it all and giving us this chance. :afro: