gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 10:32:58 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bulls New Game Sig  (Read 3651 times)
Bull
Stiff

Can you handle the truth

« on: December 27, 2004, 06:53:52 PM »

Not sure if any of you will recognize the game ... Counter Strike:Source...little C&C if you would please.  cool

Oh and Blunt...ty for the new smiley guys!

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 09:01:46 PM »

Hey, you're welcome, but to be honest I cocked it up a bit...or the forum software did scratch not sure which, but this software hates me - it keeps doing weird things that even the developers can't seem to fathom out Cheesy

I like the sig - kinda looks like it was drawn on canvas - gives it a bit of a wild west feel about it.  The only thing I can think of to suggest that might make it just a tad wee bit better is to run the blur tool around the outline of the figure in the foreground. 

BTW, just wondering - have you found the 'de-fringe' tool yet?  It's really handy when you cut something out and transfer it over to a new image, especially if it's from a light background to a dark one.  You can set it to take say 5 pixels off an image, all the way round, thus getting rid of any fringes of light colour.  One of the best things I ever found in PS smiley

Oh yeah, here's a sig I made on the same subject for a friend on another forum -

I think I make my sigs too big tho afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Bull
Stiff

Can you handle the truth

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 09:17:38 PM »

The soldiers you used are amazingly clear, where in the world did you find them?confused You may want to reduce the canvas size a little bit. Most forum like to see the sigs between 350 to 400 wide by 100 to 150 high. What you got there is a small web space ... lol.

The colors are very nice. The pics and text run together well, and the buildings blended with the yellow for the squad name. But those character renders make the sig really stand out.  afro

Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 05:43:21 AM »

Bull: are we looking at Half Life (2) by any chance? Nice little number: I really like the way the front figure overlaps the border, making him really stand out. The whole thing makes me think "water-colour" for some reason.

Blunt: amazingly sharp details on the figures. And I really like the blurring/blending (don't know the term) of the unit identifier. The one thing that spoils it for me is the foreground text: my eyes are drawn straight to it, doubtless because of the bright red.

I must get around to having a go at a sig myself Sad

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 11:08:46 AM »

Yeah, the writing in mine probably does stand out too much.  That was the first version, here's the second -

@Bull - I'm not sure where I picked up the images of the soldiers, but there are a few sites where you can get Counter Strike stuff, like weapons and game scenes.  Use the Google image search and you'll find some.  These are a few links I already had -

http://www.planethalflife.com/counterspray/wallpaper.htm

http://www.gamerenders.com/renders/

You'll find this page useful too - http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=fea758f90119859204fdf2b48f854e79&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=brushes

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 09:56:54 PM »

That is amazing

As soon as I get my current project finished I am gonna reinstall photoshop CS, and get back to work

Gonna start building a website again, and I want it really artistic and cool

So I need to get this down

Anyway I like the way the front soldier stands out, It seems more realistic to me

Foreground charecters should always be clearer then background, so I dont see any need for editing.

well Done!

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
Bitey
Stiff

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 02:47:58 AM »

I'd be scared to see what Blunt would come up with for my sig! bleh azn grin
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 05:02:23 AM »

Yeah, you'd better be fugly

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx