gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55858 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 July 19, 2018, 01:03:55 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 655345 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »

Yeah, thanks for that, Sally. You're like a little ray of sunshine, aren't yeh? rolleyes

grin

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2008, 02:05:54 PM »

nope glad

chaobell
Stiff

« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2008, 08:37:46 PM »

Yikes! Curry on a sore throat. 

What were you trying to do, Ed? Cauterize it? Sterilize it? Carry out some sort of scorched earth policy?

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

(still, ow.)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2008, 07:00:16 PM »

Urgh - annoyed with myself for not buying US postage while I was there. I actually thought about it at the airport when I saw a stamp vending machine. There was a bit of a queue for it, so I decided to return later and, of course, never did rolleyes

Now I've had to order them online from the USPS website, which ended up costing me $24 instead of a couple of bucks pissed  Still, nevermind. If it leads to a big sale it'll be worth it. smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2008, 04:38:02 AM »

The USPS website took months to send me my 90 cent stamps for SAE.

The first time I found they'd kindly sent me huge commemorative stamps - useless cos to stick enough on they covered up the name and address!

Geoff

lucyblue
Stiff

« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:16 AM »

Why the hell can't they just reply by email?  I don't get it.

Jenny
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:44 PM »

My thoughts precisely - I don't see the point of sending hard copy over the Atlantic and them sending a hard copy accept/reject back again. It's easier, cost free and more environmentally sound to do it all by e-mail scratch

SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »

Who did you send to? I'm waiting on a hard rejection myself.
Oh...oh that sounded so dirty.  huh
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »

Oh, I haven't shot it over there yet grin

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2008, 03:25:47 AM »

it's even more annoying to know that mags like Analog and F&SF insist on postal everything so my US friends get their rejections in days while I wait months. And yet I have received US post in two days once last year. I wonder if they see the Brit stamps at the editors office and have a special - oh, they're used to waiting - box.

I'm wired up today (not for sound) for a 24 hour bp monitor - hypertension again. So wife kicked me out of her bed and into th e spare room. Last time I could sleep through the hourly vibrating and pumping noises of the sphagmomomomomometer but wife couldn't - so she'd lash out half asleep, and thus I woke too.

Another half day to have my arm squeezed to the bone every 30 minutes.

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »

Yeah - I've got to send mine to F&SF. Doug Winter and Tom Monteleone suggested sending it to Azimov. I'll wait for a rejection from F&SF first, though. BTW, I thought I remembered seeing that F&SF and Azimov are linked in some way - do you know anything about that, Geoff?

Sorry to hear about your medical woes, although I've got no idea what hypertension is, it sounds unpleasant undecided Probably means you're working too hard.

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2008, 03:49:12 AM »

The only thing in common between F&SF and Asimov I know about is they both take months to reject my subs!

Tears rolled down my cheeks at the hospital yesterday. Too much to say here but it's in my blog.

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2008, 03:53:11 AM »

grin People watching is a new national sport, isn't it?

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2008, 05:36:35 PM »

Just to say that I'll be away from a computer for a few days. No need for search parties and sniffer dogs, although if anyone fancies offering a reward for my safe return I'm sure I could find a way of collecting it for the Nelder Benevolent Fund.

And don't think I've left the house unguarded...

I'll be back.

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »

huh Another tour of the Amsterdam red light district, huh? Purely for research purposes (again) Wink grin

Have a good trip, Geoff, and thanks for letting us know this time afro

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx