gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55858 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 20, 2018, 05:12:30 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 673703 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2610 on: January 01, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »

Happy New Year, everybody smiley

I'm feeling a tad delicate this morning. We had a few friends over for a party and the beer flowed freely. Not sure how much I drank, but started on an empty stomach, so I was feeling half cut on the first drink. Didn't get to bed until 4am, and have only just woken up now. Not enough sleep, but it sounds like I've had more than you, Del -- I see a nap on the sofa in your near future afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2611 on: January 01, 2011, 06:28:30 AM »

Happy new year, chumps!  grin I went to two parties, both weirdly sedate (but in a good way) and got nicely toasted.  Didn't get to bed till 4:30 myself, so now I'm looking forward to a quiet day of recovery  smiley

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2612 on: January 01, 2011, 07:20:05 AM »

Yeay, a fabulous 11 to all. My email pinged just before midnight to tell me I've sold Indefinite Article to an imprint of Sams Dot Publishing - Sounds of the Night. It'll be out in Feb print and e. Thanks to Doomers who helped enormously in one of the 2010 crit months. It was about a crashed test pilot finding himself alone on Earth. He had to make a life and death (for himself and Humanity) decision with a sea nympth. My first effort at a literary treatment. Thanks guys and gals.

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2613 on: January 01, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »

Congrats, Geoff  afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #2614 on: January 01, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »

Good on yer, Geoff!

DW Cheesy

delph_ambi
« Reply #2615 on: January 01, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »

Congrats!  cheers
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2616 on: January 01, 2011, 08:11:01 AM »

Nice one Geoff!  What a lovely start to the new year  afro

Caz
Critter

« Reply #2617 on: January 01, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »

I remember that story, Geoff. Congrats on finding a home for it. afro

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2618 on: January 01, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »

Congrats, Geoff!  dance

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2619 on: January 03, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »

Happy new years everybody! I'm a bit late on that. I've been down with the flu, but I'm starting to perk up a bit. With a bit of luck I'll be so well tomorrow that people will throw coins at me. Coins would be a nice change of pace.

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2620 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »

Oh yes, almost forgot. Congratulations Geoff! cheers

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
delph_ambi
« Reply #2621 on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »

Last of the Christmas visitors have now departed. Son left for London at nine this morning; daughter and b/friend left for France a few minutes ago. I miss them!!!!!!!!!!  Cry
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2622 on: January 03, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »

Yep, everything's returning to the depressing old norm  rolleyes

But, the sun's out today!  I can't believe it!  First day in ages I sit down to write and its spreading all over my monitor, just to annoy me and force me to close my curtains  rolleyes one thing I forgot about the crit sessions is that they always give me that extra push to get writing again, so I'm going to harness that energy before it runs out, and before my chum pops round for a visit.  And awwwaaaayyyyy I go!

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2623 on: January 03, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »

I'm feeling a bit sad that it's all over. My eldest goes back to school tomorrow, my youngest and my wife have another day to go, and then I'll be all on my own, if I manage to stay off. I'm betting the phone will be ringing off the hook tomorrow, though. These eleven days have flown by, and I've felt on tenterhooks the whole time, for one reason or another. Mostly trying to get the house ready for our New Year's Eve party, but a little to do with work, too. All in all, today's been the first day I've truly relaxed into it. I find summer holidays are much the same -- I just about manage to let go just in time to go back to work. rolleyes

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2624 on: January 03, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »

Yep, I'm back to the grind tomorrow. It's been a nice break, quite relaxing and a good time to clear my mind. I've come to realise that the last six months have been almost all work - very little writing or music compared to the first half of last year. My main resolution is to try and redress that balance. Spent this afternoon researching silver mining in the old west with an hour and a half break to drink tea and watch the movie Antz which I had last Christmas! Wonder when such a day will happen again?

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx