gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55937 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 July 13, 2020, 01:06:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  The good morning, good night thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 1146577 times)

marc_chagall

Re: The good morning, good night thread
« Reply #3720 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:48 AM »
Today I have the pdf, mobi and epub final versions of 'Serpentine' to check. I may be some time. Luckily I have chocolates to sustain me, thanks to an early mother's day gift.

Offline Pharosian

• Obelizer
  • Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3721 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »
Yes, chocolates are very good sustenance! My husband just got back from a business trip to Switzerland, and he brought me a box of kirsch-filled chocolate sticks.  :smitten:

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #3722 on: March 14, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
Mmmm -- they sound good :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Geoff_N

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • my webbie
« Reply #3723 on: March 14, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
A crack has appeared in the front stem of the bicycle I gave my son two years ago. I'd cycled with it to Nottingham. So until it is fixed or replaced I have offered to loan him my spare Dawes road bike. Yep, another 100 miles bike ride across the Pennine hills tomorrow. I probably won't ride all the way in one day - I could but I'd be too knackered. So I'll stop overnight at Ilam Hall Youth Hostel. It's a grand old hall in the Peak District Dove Dale - beautiful scenery. I'll be returning by train and normally don't mind that but I have to change 3 times so not so much fun returning.

marc_chagall

« Reply #3724 on: March 14, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Lovely place to stay! I've stopped in Ilam often and thought about staying at the hostel. Perfect setting.

Offline starktheground

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3725 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
I'm exhausted. Today was the three-year-old's birthday, and tomorrow's the baby's first birthday. I think I just might have to start drinking energy drinks again just to get through the day.  :hidin: On the plus side, the kiddos are cute and healthy and enjoying themselves. I have so much appreciation for my own mother right now.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #3726 on: March 15, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
It's hard work when they're that age. I remember it well, though my wife took the brunt of the strain. Good times, though. That's what life's all about, isn't it? :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline starktheground

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3727 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
True! They're all worth it, though. I try to remind myself how quick the time goes, so I can enjoy the moments even when they're tiring.

Offline notsoscarey

• Grave Digger
« Reply #3728 on: March 16, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Sorry I've been gone.  My finger is broken and it was/is a pain to type but it is healing.  My father passed away Monday night and this whole week I've just felt lost.  Hard to explain but I'm sure others know what I mean. 

marc_chagall

« Reply #3729 on: March 16, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »
Definitely know what you mean. So sorry about your father. Not surprised you're feeling lost.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #3730 on: March 16, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad. There's no broadside quite as bad as losing a close family member. It's a huge shock.

Offline leatherdykeuk

• Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • Leatherworks
« Reply #3731 on: March 16, 2012, 07:17:34 PM »
That really sucks. My honest condolences.

Offline Grillmeat

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3732 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
Sorry about your dad. Tough to loose someone that has "always" been there.  :'(
OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

Offline Pharosian

• Obelizer
  • Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3733 on: March 16, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
So sorry to hear about your dad. You've really had a rough go of it these past few months. My sympathies are with you.

Offline starktheground

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #3734 on: March 17, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
Aww, I'm sorry you lost your dad.

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  The good morning, good night thread

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx