gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55875 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 November 14, 2019, 06:30:38 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 964422 times)
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3780 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »

Oh my goodness, I hope he makes a full recovery, Pharo!

Also, thank you for the heads up about Dropbox; I'll give it a go  smiley

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3781 on: March 29, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »

Pharo, I hope everything turns out well for your husband. That must be scary. You poor thing
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3782 on: March 29, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »

Glad to hear he made it through the surgery, Pharo. He's going to be sore for a few days and he's going to have to take it steady, but it sounds like he's on the road to recovery. Your stepson is right about the surgeon's motivations for giving you a bleak outlook. Same goes for the prognosis. When our first son was born they told us he would be asymmetrical with a squint and a club foot. He has none of these things. When they gave us a similarly gloomy report for our second son, we both rolled our eyes and said, "Whatever."

Still rooting for you both, here afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #3783 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

Everything crossed, Pharo!

DW Cheesy

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3784 on: March 29, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »

Thanks, everyone. 

He's doing as well as can be expected, sedated until early tomorrow morning. I got about 4 1/2 hours sleep this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3785 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »

I think waiting is the hardest part of a stressful situation. You can deal with anything once you know what you're facing, but everything is in limbo while you're waiting. Plans are on hold. Brain is scrambled with too many options to think about. Hopefully you will have a few more certainties in a short while. Just keep thinking positive thoughts.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3786 on: March 30, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »

Fingers crossed, Pharo.

The publisher of my humorous thriller, Escaping Reality, is pulling out of publishing due to family deaths in South Africa, NZ and Australia meaning he has a lot of traveling not just on family business but other finance interests out there. So I'm landed with finding another publisher willing to take on a book that has been out for 7 years. Any ideas - need paperback and ebook really.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3787 on: March 31, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »

Worried that we haven't heard anything from Pharo. I hope everything's alright. Could just be catching up on some sleep I suppose.

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3788 on: March 31, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »

I hope things are okay for her too.
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3789 on: March 31, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

Here I am. Things haven't changed much. They've tried to wake him up on each of the past two mornings, and both times they had to put him back under sedation, either because he was too agitated or because his blood pressure shot up too high. Just got back from a two-hour visit. They've started giving him nutrition through the tube that goes to his stomach. That's good because it means his stomach is back on line (it was dormant immediately after surgery). His color is better today, but he's still got a lot of swelling in his arms, hands, and feet. That's expected to dissipate over the next day or two. So far, the nurses aren't showing any real concern; sometimes it just takes a while for the body to reset after a trauma like that.

I'm both hopeful and fearful at this point. His body is actually doing really well, but nobody knows how his brain is doing. That's the big unknown.
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3790 on: March 31, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, Pharo. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. Prayers for your husband's complete recovery.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3791 on: March 31, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »

Thanks for the update, Pharo. Glad to hear he's hanging in there. I would imagine that him being agitated is a good sign. Must be an agonising wait for you. Make sure you look after yourself properly while all this is going on, though -- it's too easy to forget when you're worrying about somebody else, but you need to keep yourself nourished and get as much sleep as you can manage. It all helps you cope afro

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3792 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »

Thanks, Geoff, stark, and Ed. So far I'm doing pretty well as far as taking care of myself, but it's getting more unsettling the longer he goes without waking up. Don't even want to think about worst-case scenarios... but it's kind of hard not to.
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3793 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

Well, it seems inevitable that your mind is going to go to that with all the time you have to sit there just waiting. I really do feel for you going through all this, and I hope things start improving soon.
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3794 on: April 01, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »

And there's me worried about finding another small press publisher for my two thrillers after the publisher packed his bags. Your situation, Carol, puts mine into perspective. All the best for your hubby's recovery. I agree with Ed on both the agitation being a hopeful sign, and for you to take care of your own self too. All digits crossed again.

Geoff

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 ... 324 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx