gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 11, 2017, 02:34:29 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 587992 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2008, 03:54:47 AM »

Last week I had naked young women thrusting their pointy bits inches from my face, I flew a mere 135 metres above London, hiked 14 hilly miles in one day and didn't write a single story. To see details you can visit my blog below

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2008, 04:14:30 AM »

Sounds like quite an adventure huh Welcome back, Geoff smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »

Let's see, last week I cleaned house, did laundry, went to work . . . yeah, your week was way more exciting than mine Geoff!  afro
chaobell
Stiff

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »

Yesterday I went to Texas Art Supply with my mom, bought not nearly as much crap as I was tempted to, then went to Katz's Deli for lunch. I had never been there. You wouldn't think fried dill pickle spears would taste so good. *om nom nom nom*

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2008, 12:37:24 PM »

You wouldn't think fried dill pickle spears would taste so good.

You're right there undecided

Sounds awful, but then I don't like pickles grin

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2008, 05:11:56 PM »

Bought books to throw on the pile, explored my new state. Still getting used to the mid-west (in a very nice way!)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2008, 05:27:01 PM »

Where're you at again, Ash? Do I remember you saying Utah? scratch Probably not.

Glad to hear you're settling in OK, anyway smiley

SamLeeFreak
Coroner

« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »

Missouri. The lack of Dunkin' Donuts and CVS bothers me, but other than that it's pretty neat.  grin
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »

So is that one of those places that's all plaid, pickup trucks and ten gallon hats? I've always fancied taking a long tour of the states and seeing ones that don't get many tourists, as long as it doesn't end up like Deliverance, of course undecided

canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2008, 05:46:45 PM »

Today's a new statutory holiday in Ontario -- Family Day. But I was at work. Had two meetings scheduled with people comin' up from the big city ... one cancelled due to strep throat, the other only popped in for a few minutes 'cause the other two people from my company weren't in the office -- they were stuck at home with severely iced over driveways.

Ah well. I got lots done in the wonderous quiet.

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
SamLeeFreak
Coroner

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

So is that one of those places that's all plaid, pickup trucks and ten gallon hats? I've always fancied taking a long tour of the states and seeing ones that don't get many tourists, as long as it doesn't end up like Deliverance, of course undecided

Not where I am, but I can't speak for the rest of the state. I think you have to go further south for the hats.
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »

This morning, the editor of my scifi, Exit, Pursued by a Bee, at DDP has said he's made hardly any changes. But I notice that he's added an extra space between all the sentences.  Like this.  I know that was done on typewriters decades ago, but I've yet to see a publisher do that these days. He says it makes it easier to read. Perhaps it does. I'm not making a fuss, but curious on other views on single space or double between sentences. He's also changed my No indents for first lines in new chapters and sections to having an indent. Again, contemporary publishers don't indent the first lines. I wonder if this is a rare example of UK publishers being ahead of some US ones?

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

Hmm, weird scratch Hardly anybody uses double spaces between words these days. My wife does, because she's a legal secretary, and you know what the legal establisment's like - very slow to change. In fact, very slow in every respect...

On a separate note - I still haven't received my postage stamps from the USPS online pissed bangh I'm utterly frustrated, because I desperately want to take F Paul Wilson's advice and send my story off the this US mag, but they require all submissions to include a self addressed envelope with 90c US postage Cry  USPS say they can't track the order because it was sent 1st class, but can confirm it was dispatched on the 1st of Feb 08 - nearly three weeks ago. They've given me a freephone number to ring in order to file a claim, but it doesn't work trans Atlantic. How could something so fucking simple turn out to be so complicated? God I'm pissed off Sad

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2008, 05:52:39 PM »

Send me your address, Ed, and I'll throw you a couple of 90c stamps. No probs.

Geoff

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2008, 06:33:59 PM »

That's exceptionally kind of you, Geoff, thank you - I really appreciate the offer. Turns out, though, after checking the submission guidelines again, I can use an international reply coupon instead, so I've been fretting all this time for no good reason rolleyes (damnit)

Thanks again for offering - you're a gent smiley

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx