News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_N

The evening tonight started with my daughter asking for a lift to her hen night do in town. Then as I started driving and asking which pub or club she said - "oh please collect Lisa first." So off we go on a long country detour to pick her up. Then: "Dad, do you mind if we now go to Upton for Kerry?" So another litre of petrol later she directs me to another village to the East of Chester where her former boss lives, so we pick her up. Good grief as she climbs into the back seat all I can see in the mirror is naked legs!!
When I drop them all off, wife rings my mobile and so I park to answer it. "Where the b****y hell are you?"

Geoff_N

I'm the only one here - -

Been to town to go to a nightclub - strippers the lot. Sadly it was only to collect my daughter's lost driving licence. Her new handbag kept falling open on her hennight bash on Saturday night as referenced in the previous post. Shame that the pole dancers keep their underwear on while rehearsing - it's not cricket.

Ed

Quiet here - I got home from work and logged on to see the new posts from today, and there weren't any. I guess everybody's getting the work done ready for the Easter break, huh? :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SamLeeFreak

Easter is this week, right? I don't keep track of these things. Luckily I have a calendar  :afro:
I got a HUGE package from my mom today, so I guess it would be full of candy! Either that or stuff for the dog  ::) I swear, she misses him more than she misses me. Maybe even enough to get her butt on a plane and come visit. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Ed

Ha - I've got a mental picture of a pair of suitcases standing on their own inside the open front door of your house, and you standing with hands on hips while your mom rolls around on the floor with the dog :grin:

How's the budgie doing after that road trip - have you two made up yet, or was a thousand miles of squawking and flapping the breaking point in the relationship? :huh:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SamLeeFreak

Unfortunately Lando didn't make it. He got sick shortly after we moved and one day I woke up to find that it had gotten the best of him. We buried him in the front yard so he could hear the wild birds/make friends.

Ed

Oh damn - sorry to hear that. I seem to have the knack of saying the wrong thing in these situations. One time I turned up at work to find the electrician looking very sorry for himself, so me being me said, "What's up with you today, you miserable bugger - did your goldfish die, or something?" He said, "No, my mother, actually." :lipsrsealed:

starktheground

Quote from: Ed on March 19, 2008, 07:05:10 PM
Oh damn - sorry to hear that. I seem to have the knack of saying the wrong thing in these situations. One time I turned up at work to find the electrician looking very sorry for himself, so me being me said, "What's up with you today, you miserable bugger - did your goldfish die, or something?" He said, "No, my mother, actually." :lipsrsealed:

Ouch.

Geoff_N

Sorry to hear about Lando dying.
Ed, my trouble, and you won't believe it, is making too light of serious situations. My only excuse is that when I think of most of the people whose funerals I've been to, they'd have laughed too.

Geoff

SamLeeFreak

Quote from: Ed on March 19, 2008, 07:05:10 PM

No worries, I'm sure he'll be reborn as something lovely. He had a lot of spirit! Too much for a little body  ;)

Ed

Four days off work - bliss. Complete and utter bliss :smiley:

Geoff_N

Enjoy your break, Ed. Luckily my work is writing (very lowly paid) and editing (reasonable pay) - both a pleasure and done every day. The location is different for the next two weeks. I'm in Cyprus from tomorrow to make sure my daughter gets married, and the following week on a writer's course in Northern Cyprus.

I intend to hire a mountain bike the second week and have a go at the ridge of mountains going E to W. This means packing problems cos of helmet, cycling gear, etc as well as my suit for the wedding. BA only allows one suitcase. I expressed my problems to my son, who laughed. On top of his suit he's packing all his scuba gear!

Geoff

Ed

Hope you have a great time, Geoff. I'm thinking this is probably the best time of year to go cycling in Cyprus, heatwise at least. I flew BA to Baltimore and they allowed two bits of hand luggage, so I wonder if you might be able to stuff your cycle clips into one bag and your sarnies into another  :afro:

Did they ever manage to fill the last few spaces on that writer's trip? Last time I looked it seemed liked they were a way short of the mark.

Geoff_N

There was a danger of me being the only bloke surrounded by women, but thankfully (I suppose) there are now other male scribblers along. The beds are now full.

Geoff

Ed

Ah, I'm sure it would have been awful for you to have been surrounded by scantily clad females, Geoff. I'd have believed you, even if Mrs Geoff didn't :afro:

Have a great time :smiley: