gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 01:56:37 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 588964 times)
delph_ambi
« Reply #705 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »

Great interview, Geoff. You came over as relaxed, intelligent, interesting, and a natural interviewee.  afro
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #706 on: December 11, 2008, 08:58:08 AM »

I've downloaded this but haven't had chance to listen yet. Everything's catching up with me again and this is one of those weeks where I seem to have no time for anything. Roll on 5.00 on the 24th!!

Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »

Good stuff, Geoff! Very enjoyable.

I think Del might feel at home listening to my soft slow Gloucestershire accent. I worry now about my errs and umms, but hey ho.

You sound very posh compared to me - I sound like I've just come in from the sprout field when I talk!

Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »

Good stuff, Geoff! Very enjoyable.

I think Del might feel at home listening to my soft slow Gloucestershire accent. I worry now about my errs and umms, but hey ho.

You sound very posh compared to me - I sound like I've just come in from the sprout field when I talk!

Del
You are too kind. I must admit that when I go home to Gloucestershire and get on a bus, I wear a smile listening to my 'old' accent, but after a couple of days, I'm saying fertilyzer and zider just like the locals!

Geoff

Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #709 on: December 12, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

Very nice interview  Wink

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2008, 06:27:03 AM »

Thanks everyone.

I love writing but now I've a pyramid of Crimbo cards to wade through even though for most it is the winter solstice we celebrate than a fictional magus.  undecided

Cheers

Geoff

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #711 on: December 17, 2008, 07:09:18 PM »

Long day today. It started with me clambering around on my roof at 07:45. It ended with me driving home from Wells and eating my evening meal upon my arrival here at 22:30 - and now I'm going to bed santa_rolleyes

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #712 on: December 18, 2008, 09:32:37 AM »

It started with me clambering around on my roof at 07:45

Putting chicken wire over the chimney again, Ed? Keep that pesky Santa from pinching all your mince pies?

Robert B. Parker
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #713 on: December 20, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »

Well I was going to show you some pictures of the snow at my place--doesn't happen much in Oregon where I live.
Apparently, however, I am not smart enough to upload them........ scratch
Oh well, time for a beer then.......

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #714 on: December 20, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

Upload them to a place like imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com then post the url smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »

Ah yes. I knew it had to be something deceptively simple.............. :santa_embarrassed:
OK, lets see if this works.  Pictures of the snow from Saturday at my place in Oregon

The picture is the remnants of our summer patio garden. The next two are of our backyard and the last one is a shot from our driveway looking at the neighbor's house across the street.  Hope it puts you in the Jolly Ol' Christmas Spirit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 10:51:28 PM by Grillmeat » Logged

canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2008, 11:00:01 PM »

Snow in Oregon. Wow. Those are great pics, Grill! 

Here's what I've been waking up to nine times out of ten lately:

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #717 on: December 21, 2008, 03:48:26 AM »

You're both lucky to have a nice covering of the white stuff - all it's done around here lately is rain. Last week three people died in floods around our area. I know it gets a bit waring after the first week, but at least it looks nice

BTW - is it unusual for it to snow in Oregon? I thought it was one of those places that got a huge dump of the stuff on a regular basis
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:55:32 AM by Ed » Logged

canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #718 on: December 21, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

You're both lucky to have a nice covering of the white stuff

Ya wanna come help shovel it, Ed?  santa_evil

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #719 on: December 21, 2008, 11:04:56 AM »

Yep, Ed has it right - its been more wet stuff than white stuff in Britain. The frost can look good though Wink

Erm, anyone know how to reduce the pic size?
I'll help you and Doug, shovel Donna, and GrillMeat needs a hand with getting rid of some beer no doubt Wink

Geoff
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:10:40 AM by Geoff_N » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx