gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 10:35:11 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589899 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #870 on: March 19, 2009, 03:45:49 AM »

Get a job at John Lewis! It's a partnership so all employees get the same % bonus each year (obviously some are more highly paid than others) but after 25 years you get six months paid leave as a thank you!

I got a letter from our chairman for my 25 years and then promptly went back to my desk.

Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Caz
Critter

« Reply #871 on: March 20, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »

Just noticed that the bit, don't know the technical term for it, that's toward the bottom of the right hand side on the home page, it's the one that say who's on-line and how many people have been on-line, has vanished. Strange, could be those damn greys again I suppose. Shocked

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #872 on: March 20, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »

Just noticed that the bit, don't know the technical term for it, that's toward the bottom of the right hand side on the home page, it's the one that say who's on-line and how many people have been on-line, has vanished. Strange, could be those damn greys again I suppose. Shocked

That's probably one of those weird tech glitches that comes with a change of user group. It's something to do with the permissions scratch

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #873 on: March 20, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »

Get a job at John Lewis! It's a partnership so all employees get the same % bonus each year (obviously some are more highly paid than others) but after 25 years you get six months paid leave as a thank you!

I got a letter from our chairman for my 25 years and then promptly went back to my desk.

Del

Might be time for a change of scene, Del. If there's one thing I've learned from my years of self employment its that moving around leads to an increase in pay and better perks. If you stay put in the same place too long you can find your pay has slipped behind what others are getting for the same job, even within the same company sometimes.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »

I've been a little busy the past week. My little one, Emily Ansel, was born on March 15. 7 lbs 9 oz, and an absolute doll. She had my heart from that first wail! 

A week later, and not only is our little family healthy and happy, but I've FINALLY gotten the urge to write again! It's like a fog's been lifted. And Emily's so easy going, she gives me plenty of time to write.  afro
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #875 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwww!

She's lovely! Congratulations!

DW Cheesy

Er, so I suppose this means we'll be seeing you in the flash challenge again, now! Wink
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:41:29 PM by desertwomble » Logged

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #876 on: March 24, 2009, 03:23:32 AM »

She's a beauty, Angela Congratulations.

I hope she had a relatively easy birth - she looks pretty relaxed about it, if that's anything to go by.  smiley

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #877 on: March 24, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »

Congratulations!!!

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
JonP
Critter

« Reply #878 on: March 24, 2009, 04:35:23 AM »

Awwww! Many congrats!

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #879 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:46 AM »

Great, Angela, congratulations. Now I am a new parent vicariously by being a grandad, I am re-living the whole thing again. When my wife and I return home from Manchester, we get withdrawal symptoms from not cuddling Oliver after a few hours!

Enjoy your Emily Ansel - as you say- even through the wails  cheers

Geoff

delph_ambi
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2009, 11:51:25 AM »

Brilliant! Many congratulations. She's beautiful.
HoraceJames
Stiff

« Reply #881 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

Awwwww!

Beautiful! Congratulations.

Well a rat always knows
When he's in with weasels
Here, you lose a little every day
-- Tom Waits
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2009, 03:23:06 AM »

Congrats to JonP too Wink

Geoff

JonP
Critter

« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »

Thanks, Geoff! I'm assuming that this doesn't have anything to do with babies ...

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #884 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »

Thanks, Geoff! I'm assuming that this doesn't have anything to do with babies ...

Only in the literary sense.

Geoff

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx