gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2017, 03:20:10 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589260 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1365 on: January 02, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »

I quite enjoy playing "guess the plot" with movies. My all time best performance was with Cliffhanger, which once the opening sequence was done, I pretty much laid out the entire movie to SWMBO who had said "You have to watch this movie! It's awesome."

On a related note, I've had a very lazy break (alas back to work, soon) and aside from a very respectable amount of words have also enjoyed watching the soaps. I'm not usually one for soaps, but when it comes to plots, perfect timing, great character conflicts internal and external, grabbing the viewer and refusing to let go, etc etc, the Christmas soaps are perfect. Not only has it kept SWMBO happy as I'm spending some extra time with her, it's been a masterclass in gripping story telling.

Looking forward to seeing Avatar, I must admit. Not sure when though.

Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1366 on: January 02, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »

I took a pic of a robin standing looking at its reflection on ice and made it into a card, I must pop that up. My best shot of a bird is probably a kestrel looking at me while it hovered. But I have load that make me smile.
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1367 on: January 02, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »

Superb! What gear did you use to take such a good shot?

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1368 on: January 02, 2010, 03:13:40 PM »

Wow, yeah - the focus on that shot is perfect afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #1369 on: January 03, 2010, 05:01:12 AM »

Beautiful shot. Exquisite.
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #1370 on: January 03, 2010, 05:31:02 AM »

That's a lovely image!  I almost asked for a camera for Xmas but decided against it.  Oh yes, Happy New Year everyone!  I think my new year's resolution is going to be "Get on with it" haha

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1371 on: January 03, 2010, 05:46:19 AM »

I think my new year's resolution is going to be "Get on with it" haha

Mine, too afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1372 on: January 03, 2010, 06:21:49 AM »

When I am working I am a motorsport photographer so I have quick reactions. I was quite high up and saw the bird so I snatched the camera up and shot of a set, on some the wingtips are invisible because of fast beating. The camera was a Canon 1D, the lense a 50 -500 zoom. sigma. It is f5.6 but it Spain that doesn't matter, lovely light. I really enjoy wildlife and landscape. There are loads on my website. How about this for a bug?
delph_ambi
« Reply #1373 on: January 03, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

"There are loads on my website." Link please  smiley
digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1374 on: January 03, 2010, 06:37:01 AM »

Just put link on my profile, hadn't done it properly before.
www.cortijodelzorro.co.uk if it is quicker
delph_ambi
« Reply #1375 on: January 03, 2010, 07:21:29 AM »

Thank you!
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1376 on: January 03, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »

Another lovely shot. Nicely done.

I once aspired to be a photographer, but I don't really have the eye for it. I'm one of those people who look at the print and then see the shot I should have taken, which is OK for amateur stuff, because simply cropping the image gives you a decent enough snapshot, but no good for pro work.

About 18 months ago, I treated myself to my first digital SLR (had a 35mm Canon EOS 10 before, which I bought in the early 90s). I bought the EOS 400D mostly because my old EOS lenses would fit it. Can't say I'm proficient with the new camera yet, but I'm very impressed with the functionality and features, plus it's lovely being able to import the shot into Photoshop without having to scan a print. Must get around to actually printing a few out and putting them in albums, though - that's the trouble with digital media - it tends to stay on the hard drive or disk, where it's never looked at.

digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1377 on: January 03, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »

I display photos in a restaurant using a digital photo frame. You can set it to random slide show and have your favorite pics flashing across the screen all day.  That saves printing and has wide variety. Tip of the day use all landscape or all portrait.  You can get brilliant digital camera for very little money. I need to spend thousands on the top of the range mainly because the pro series focus so much faster. Essential with motorsport.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1378 on: January 04, 2010, 04:49:13 AM »

My mother bought us one of those last Christmas, but I never got around to filling it up and plugging it in. Must do that.

The working year has started with a vengeance. My phone is running red hot this morning, even though I'm not intending to go back to work until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm going to make a start on all those things I said I was going to do in the Christmas break. It's a shame, really - I'm just starting to get into the Christmas spirit now

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1379 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:50 AM »

I'm back in the office, scrolling through emails, trying to decide what to do first, and working out where's there's a gap in the diary into which I can slot some leave  afro

First day for a week that I haven't got up and done a thousand words of writing.

Del

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx