gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 18, 2017, 01:14:50 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 590230 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1635 on: March 21, 2010, 05:28:31 AM »

Feeling much better today. I can't remember the last time I felt as bad as I did yesterday, though. I had a throbbing head and stomach ache from 4am until I finally fell asleep at about 10pm. Shaking uncontrollably, hot then cold, hypersensitive skin all over, nauseous, billious, delirious at times. Eyes couldn't focus on anything. Extremely fatigued but couldn't sleep. Awful.

I still feel a bit delicate today, but I have an appetite and feel much stronger, head and stomach aches have gone. Chances are I'll be right as rain for work tomorrow - what a waste of a weekend rolleyes

Still, it could have been worse - I could have got the bug next weekend, when I'm at the World Horror Convention in Brighton. That would have been a complete nightmare.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #1636 on: March 21, 2010, 05:48:36 AM »

Feeling much better today. I can't remember the last time I felt as bad as I did yesterday, though. I had a throbbing head and stomach ache from 4am until I finally fell asleep at about 10pm. Shaking uncontrollably, hot then cold, hypersensitive skin all over, nauseous, billious, delirious at times. Eyes couldn't focus on anything. Extremely fatigued but couldn't sleep. Awful.

I still feel a bit delicate today, but I have an appetite and feel much stronger, head and stomach aches have gone. Chances are I'll be right as rain for work tomorrow - what a waste of a weekend rolleyes

Some people use any excuse for missing the Flash Challenge deadline!

But seriously, glad to hear you're on the mend.

DW Cheesy

Caz
Critter

« Reply #1637 on: March 21, 2010, 02:29:02 PM »

Found a new, new to me anyway, cycle track route today. It took me out into the sticks, through some countryside and it made a nice change not to be riding in the road. Some of those cars get damn close.
The journey back was via a different route, so no cycle track this time. I had a look at the old Vulcan bomber down by the airport then headed on down to the seafront. Bought a bag of chips there then went home. A round trip of about ten miles, and a few hills, I reckon. It was a nice afternoon out. cool

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #1638 on: March 21, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »

Very nice, Caz. I love those serendipity rides.

Geoff

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1639 on: March 21, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »

Tremendous Caz! I love those Vulcan bombers. Back when I was a lad the local airport used to a host an airshow and the arrival of the Vulcan bomber, coming low over the houses, shaking all the windows, was the highlight - even better than the Red Arrows.

I stuck to a tried and tested cycle route this morning. It was nice to get out in the sunshine. I'm still trying to get some miles in the legs following the winter.

Came to a bit of a fork in the road in the novel today. I knew what I thought was going to happen, and - in my head, at least - how that meant the middle act would all pan out...but when I came to write a key scene I realised I could make things much more suspenseful, much tougher on my MC, even though it would mean rethinking everything that follows. I thought about it a lot and in the end went with the new idea. It was too good an opportunity to miss. Trouble is, I now have no idea what happens next...

So I'm off to work out a guitar solo instead.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #1640 on: March 21, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »

Del, was that Staverton airfield? As a lad my mates and I used to cycle to the world war II pillbox there and watch aircraft landing and taking off. Being a small airfield we had lots of waiting...

Geoff
PS when are you going to sort out your avatar?

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1641 on: March 21, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

Yep, that's the place Geoff. They used to have air shows and motorcycle racing and an old world war 2 museum replete with a few planes and lots of odds and ends such as cockpit glass with bullet holes in it. Great place for kids!

Just finished tabbing out Jessica by The Allman Brother (the Top Gear theme) and now off to walk the dog. Not sure where my avatar went? I'll have a look later...

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1642 on: March 21, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

Got some pages drafted for the third vol of my scifi Left Luggage.

Volume 3! Good going, Geoff. Didn't even know there was a volume 2. I must pay more attention.
LOL - none of it is published though my agent is hawking LL around publishers. Problem is that the novel is time dependent. Set in 2016 an apocalyptic event spreads through the population. Survivors and space station people struggle to survive and make sense of it all. The diffusion of the event is time dependent and I've described what they'd see in the sky on certain dates. I could advance it another 20 years but it woud take work. I'm strongly considering pulling it from my agent and publishing it through Adventrure Books of Seattle. I'm an editor there so it would seem a bit like self-publishing / vanity publishing but then at least it would be out there.

Geoff

Have you approached Apex, Geoff? Might be worth a shot - http://www.apexbookcompany.com/

Failing that, you might try Coscom, but they're not taking novel submissions at the moment, AFAIK. If I see either editor at the WHC I'll plug your book to them afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1643 on: March 22, 2010, 04:38:22 AM »

Ah, here we are again - Monday morning. There's nothing quite like a good old fashioned sickness bug to make the weekend seem longer. I don't think I've ever spent so much time flat out on my back. My spine feels in great shape, even if my arse is hanging in tatters afro

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1644 on: March 22, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »

I had one of those bugs a couple of months ago, Ed. No fun at all. But I did lose a stone overnight and get an extra day in bed. Every cloud, and all that...

Derek

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1645 on: March 22, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »

If that's a pic of you in your avatar, Del, you've looked better, mate huh

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1646 on: March 22, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »

It's the sickness bug, Ed. You think you're getting better and then two days later...

Robert B. Parker
Caz
Critter

« Reply #1647 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »

Tremendous Caz! I love those Vulcan bombers.

I’ve not be lucky enough to see a Vulcan flying but I did hear that one has been made airworthy so there’s always hope.

Many years ago I saw Concord fly across the seafront. She was low and slow then the pilot opened the engines up. It sounded, and felt, like an earthquake. We'll never get to see the likes of that bird again.

And now I'm starting to sound like a plane spotter.   bangh grin

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1648 on: March 22, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

Did you see that Lightning on Wonders Of The Solar System (BBC) yesterday? Vertical take-off - but not like the Harrier. This thing went screaming along the runway, took off, got to a couple of hundred feet and then just turned vertically upwards. Amazing.

Derek

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1649 on: March 22, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »

That'd be a hell of a buzz flying one of those, wouldn't it? Dunno if I could handle that much excitement in one go scratch

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx