News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Austin

Crikey!

In happier news, I received my 16th acceptance in 16 months today!  And the story's getting split in half so I get paid for it twice! (it's with New Bedlam, featuring the same characters from the last story I had with them, and they pay per publication a flat $20)

Also at work every day this week so loadsa money!  :grin:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

desertwomble

Good on yer, Rev!

Keep 'em coming - build up that pork-folio (you did put a sub in for 'Baconology', didn't you?)!

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

delboy

Cracking stuff Rev! Just goes to show that talent will out  :afro:

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

delboy

This oil spill... there are some interesting articles being posted about the difference in reaction compared to other spills around the world:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11487:between-gulf-of-mexico-and-niger-delta&catid=98:editorial&Itemid=351

and

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/30/oil-spills-nigeria-niger-delta-shell

Maybe the Mississippi spill will serve as the catalyst to ensure that all the players become accountable.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

Very kind of you to say so Del!

And I sure did DW, and it got accepted  :azn: who knew a story about bacon that turns people into pigs would float the editor's boat?  ;)

edit: I heard BP have helped create a car that runs on water.  The only trouble is you have to get the water from the Gulf of Mexico.

wah wah waaaahhhhhhhh

digitaldeath

Actually someone did just that about 20 yrs ago. Only the oil companies bought the patent and buried it as it would bankrupt them.  Luckily Kodak couldn't stop the development of digital cameras. Well actually it would have been a good idea.

delboy

QuoteActually someone did just that about 20 yrs ago. Only the oil companies bought the patent and buried it as it would bankrupt them.

I have a short story somewhere about a fellow who found the key to eternal life - and was being hunted to death by a bunch of priests, all terrified of being put out of business... Actually I think I used the same premise in a CD Flash many moons ago. I really ought to do something with some of those flashes...

Derek

Robert B. Parker

Bec

Well done on the 16th acceptance, Rev.  :smiley:

fnord33

Yes, that is pretty damn impressive. I'm still waiting to hear back from all the places I've submitted lately. I hope that's a good sign.

Just watched the Wolfman remake. It was even worse than I expected. That's about it for me. Just finishing this piece for Dead Bait.
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

JonP

Congrats, Rev! Reminds me I'm way behind on my subs ...

delph_ambi

I just sent off some subs (three short poems). This means I'm now awaiting news on 137 items. Fingers crossed. Not that I have that many fingers.

delboy

137!!! Wow, that's brilliant and impressive. I'm waiting on... one.   :/ I really must make an effort to sub more stuff.

Derek

Robert B. Parker

delph_ambi

Yeah, I know it sounds a lot, but the three poems I just sent off, for example, took all of ten minutes to sort out. They were oldies that just needed tweaking into the right format for the particular market. It's not as if I'm sending off novels all the time.  ;)

Rev. Austin

You're a machine Delph  ;)  and thanks folks.  I've had quite a few rejections lately so it kind of balances out I guess haha now must crack on with a steampunk story...but the weather's so nice I might sit outside and read...but I must crack on with a steampunk story!  But the weather's so nice!  :cheesy: