gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 10:48:43 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589918 times)
delph_ambi
« Reply #1860 on: June 08, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »

Take care, dd...  Shocked
digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1861 on: June 08, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »

I suppose it is all experience, more data for use somehow.
Memories of a crash test dummy.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1862 on: June 08, 2010, 07:02:33 PM »

Good luck with that, Russel. Grapefruit is supposed to increase the risk of getting breast cancer in both males and females, so it's probably best avoided anyway. Eat sour oranges instead, maybe  afro

Sounds like a lucky escape, DD - I suppose you have to be grateful it wasn't worse, but when the repair bill/insurance excess hits the pocket I'm guessing it won't feel all that lucky. undecided
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:04:47 PM by Ed » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1863 on: June 09, 2010, 05:39:48 AM »

DD, are you sure you're James Bond? I fell off my bike once as a kid and stubbed my toe once as an adult.

Go careful out there!

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Caz
Critter

« Reply #1864 on: June 09, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »

Close call, DD. Sounds like cat luck and reflexes work in your favour.

Checked the old ticker, 75 bpm at rest and I smoke, and I drink, and it's stopped once before. Ho hum.   

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1865 on: June 13, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »

Just had a very pleasant couple of hours chatting with Geoff over Guinness and coffee on the banks of the river Severn. We both cycled there from different directions. A top way to spend some time on a Sunday. What a fine fellow Geoff is - with plenty of excellent stories and experiences to recount, too. Nice one  afro

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1866 on: June 13, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »

Sounds good.

I had a quiet weekend. The missus took the kids camping for the weekend with their friends. I went along for one night last year, but the guy who I went down with didn't go this year, and it seemed pointless taking two vehicles all that way and back again, so I stayed home. Had the best two nights sleep I can remember - even lay in this morning until 10AM, which is practically unheard of. Slept like a log the whole time. Fantastic.

Today, I spent a good portion of the day clearing up around the place, and half the afternoon went on bottling-up this year's batch of elderflower champagne. I think I may have left it fermenting too long this time around, though. Last year I left it for three or four days before bottling, but this year I left it about a week. Last year's is so fizzy that it fills your whole mouth when you take a sip, and it's jumping out of the glass and wetting your hand as you hold it. I'm guessing the longer time outside of the bottle will have let some of the CO2 escape, hence it'll be less fizzy, but I could be wrong.

I've also started off some elderflower wine at the same time, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #1867 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »

I ended up working on Saturday, then spent yesterday in a mad rush to almost completely rewrite a 12000 word submission  Cheesy And I've already had a bunch of subs for my Glitch antho - which is nuts!  I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me, yes indeed.

I'm moving out of my parents at long last this weekend, which is quite exciting - I've lived on my own for years, so it'll be nice to have my own space again, even though I'm technically going to be a lodger in my friend's house.  Getting a little worried about money though - I hope I can afford to eat next week  rolleyes

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #1868 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »

Good luck on all fronts, Rev. Parents are great, but the value of freedom is not to be underestimated. I'd rather sleep in a hedge than move back to my parents' house afro

digitaldeath
Coffin Maker

wired to alien life

« Reply #1869 on: June 15, 2010, 04:12:09 AM »

I am sleeping in a hedge!
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #1870 on: June 15, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »

hahaha grin 

I'm helping my mate move a shed today.  Such is the excitement my life currently engenders!

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
delph_ambi
« Reply #1871 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:47 AM »

I sat two GCSE French exams yesterday -- reading and writing. Exhausting! Were O levels this tiring? Yes, probably.  scratch
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #1872 on: June 15, 2010, 06:38:19 AM »

I sat two GCSE French exams yesterday -- reading and writing. Exhausting! Were O levels this tiring? Yes, probably.  scratch

Bon chance, mon cherry!

DW Cheesy

delph_ambi
« Reply #1873 on: June 15, 2010, 06:53:31 AM »

Merci, mon p'tit chou  azn
Bec
« Reply #1874 on: June 15, 2010, 07:46:41 AM »

Good luck, Delph! I passed my O-level French, but I can't speak the language now.

I'm rewriting a story today, but finding it hard to concentrate. My son could come home at any time, as he's on study leave, so I'd better get on with it.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx