News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellsBelle

Nice thread. Afraid to post, but here I go....Good morning, today I plan to get my feet wet in the horror-genre again (after a three-year hiatus *sigh*) and hope my brain can remember the joys of writing......and reading......and any other number of things I've missed out on the past three years.
Just think of me as June Cleaver.....only with tattoos.....

Rev. Austin

Come on in, the water's lovely!  :cheesy:

The young man responsible for the collab project I've had to pull out of has been very gracious and professional and has left the door wide open so that I can return in the future, if I want, which is very nice and unexpected of him.  In the meantime, I'm going to try and crack on with a few story ideas myself, including one in-progress 80's horror movie-style novel and a full length Jonny Cave adventure.   :o
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

HellsBelle

Too fun, Rev. Nothing better than the 80s and how lucky you have that open door. I still have a few of the old contacts, but my old haunt (yes, pun intended) is no more.

Ed

Quote from: HellsBelle on October 05, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
Nice thread. Afraid to post, but here I go....Good morning, today I plan to get my feet wet in the horror-genre again (after a three-year hiatus *sigh*) and hope my brain can remember the joys of writing......and reading......and any other number of things I've missed out on the past three years.

Three years off, huh? Why's that, if you don't mind me being nosey?

I've taken breaks from time to time, and generally I feel like each time I start again I make a bit of progress, so it's probably a good thing, I reckon. Hopefully that's true :afro:

Rev -- that was lucky. Sometimes people can get really narky about stuff like that. There's no point overstretching yourself, though, is there. You can get to the stage where you're rushing through everything and not giving things the care they deserve. That's no fun for anybody.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Pharosian

Quote from: Ed on October 05, 2010, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: HellsBelle on October 05, 2010, 10:38:43 AM

Three years off, huh? Why's that, if you don't mind me being nosey?

That comment piqued my curiosity, as well. If I hadn't been running so late this morning after writing up my last critique for this month, I probably would have asked! Call me nosey, too.

Ed

BTW, thanks for wrapping up your crits so quickly, Pharo :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Pharosian

delboy

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week has been the week from hell. Long days, short nights, dark evenings.... Haven't touched my story that I was so excited about last weekend - hopefully the magic will still be there this weekend. I'm planning on having a reasonably chilled day ("Divert that phone, Del!" is today's motto). Already arranged a predator fishing trip for Sunday (6.30 am - ugh!) and, weather permitting will pound some miles on the bike tomorrow to get this stress out of my system.

Right, coffee, and timesheets....

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

HellsBelle

Nosey Nellies are mostly welcome. lol
Forced hiatus really - two little ones under the age of four at home keeps me in the land of Dora and Scooby. Writing is confined to work-related stuff and journaling......however, a million-and-one ideas of 'death by diapering' stories abound.....
I'm just thankful the oldest wee one begs for Scooby Doo - at this point, I'll take scary stuff any way I can get it.....Creeper and all....

Geoff_N

Had an inspirational time at NewCon. I didn't know about Kaffeeklatsche sessions before - coffee and chat with an author. Mine was with Paul Cornell, who writes Dr Who books and stage plays among other successes. Good result in getting a yes from Juliet McKenna to look at my Xaghra's Revenge novel with a view to an endorsement. I need names to view it to make an impression on publishers.
Back to work
Geoff

Ed

Quote from: HellsBelle on October 08, 2010, 02:53:41 PM
Nosey Nellies are mostly welcome. lol
Forced hiatus really - two little ones under the age of four at home keeps me in the land of Dora and Scooby. Writing is confined to work-related stuff and journaling......however, a million-and-one ideas of 'death by diapering' stories abound.....
I'm just thankful the oldest wee one begs for Scooby Doo - at this point, I'll take scary stuff any way I can get it.....Creeper and all....

I know how that feels. They have the ability to scramble every thought in your head for what seems like an eternity, but you do start to get your life back a bit when they go to playschool and then proper school. It's pretty full on in the early years, though, isn't it? :smiley:

Rev. Austin

A few of us went for a wander to a local park yesterday to see how the 'rejuvenation' of it's coming along - there's a new playground for the kids and an awful lot of dirt, so it wasn't quite as impressive as we'd all been led to believe  :grin: today I'm off to view some more houses, including one I booked a viewing for before I realised it was in a real rough part of town.  Whoops!  But the agency handling it seem pretty posh so it might be nice inside... ::) and I'm REALLY excited for tomorrow, because I'm having a jam with a couple of friends of mine.  I haven't played any music in two years so I really hope our different styles work well together (they like "pop-punk" and I like, well, we've already established it's not normal).  I guess I'll soon find out haha

HellsBelle

[/quote]

I know how that feels. They have the ability to scramble every thought in your head for what seems like an eternity, but you do start to get your life back a bit when they go to playschool and then proper school. It's pretty full on in the early years, though, isn't it? :smiley:
[/quote]

Oh yes, full on is the nice way of putting it.  Thank the heavens for wine in mass quantities.

Rev. Austin

Today I saw a house with a toilet installed in the corridor.  Now I really have seen everything!

Ed

Quote from: Rev. Austin on October 11, 2010, 07:09:16 PM
Today I saw a house with a toilet installed in the corridor.  Now I really have seen everything!

How bizarre is that? :idiot: