gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 09:33:48 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589126 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2310 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »

My grandson enjoys playing our piano. He's only 20 months. Music is a mix of crashes, single notes, runs, and sometimes he uses his elbows. Would he qualify?

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2311 on: November 15, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »

My grandson enjoys playing our piano. He's only 20 months. Music is a mix of crashes, single notes, runs, and sometimes he uses his elbows. Would he qualify?

He'd get a job in my band!

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2312 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »

Bah, beat me to it!  grin

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2313 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

I'd have to say no, being that we wouldn't be able to pick him up and drop him off after the gigs, Geoff. But if you could lend him your bike, we might be able to work something out afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2314 on: November 16, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »

Thanks guys, I'll let him know. He'll be so chuffed he'll knock out another sonata.

Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2315 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »

So he IS potty-trained? 

Wah wah wwaaahhhh

Thanks, I'm here all week - try the fish!

Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2316 on: November 17, 2010, 06:40:27 PM »

Phew!  Back from practice with my new band and I'm totally deaf and hoarse.  We really do sound like the apocalypse!  That's not a case of misguided hype - if you can imagine how two guitars, drums and two vocalists can actually sound like everything's being destroyed around you, I can guarantee that's exactly how we sound, it's flipping immense!  I'm invigorated!  Scunthorpe won't know what's hit it when we start gigging hahahahah

In other news, I spent today at work making beards for elves.  Not very many people can say that about their jobs  Wink

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2317 on: November 18, 2010, 02:47:44 AM »

I guess it's a sign of the times, Rev. Those elves walk around clean shaven all year, because beards are out of fashion, and yet they're still obliged to wear them over the festive season. Next they'll be remodeling their Vulcan ears and injecting growth hormone. It's a shame.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2318 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:12 AM »

if you can imagine how two guitars, drums and two vocalists can actually sound like everything's being destroyed around you

Bit like from 4.00 mins onwards in this clip, Rev?

Kind regards,

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2319 on: November 18, 2010, 04:19:14 AM »

Haha I remember watching this on Sky Arts a little while ago grin yep, it's pretty much like that  afro

JonP
Critter

« Reply #2320 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »

"Now excuse me, young man, but I represent health and safety in this establishment ..."

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2321 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »

My nipper's band are supposed to be playing a gig at the school tomorrow lunchtime, charging entry at 50p a person, proceeds all going to Children in Need. And guess what -- his little prima donna friend quit the band this afternoon. They're planning to go ahead without him, but that means playing the gig with no singer or bass guitarist. Bummer, huh? rolleyes

Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2322 on: November 19, 2010, 03:56:35 AM »

I hope they do well, and draw a bunch of kids in!  afro

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2323 on: November 19, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »

And guess what -- his little prima donna friend quit the band this afternoon. They're planning to go ahead without him, but that means playing the gig with no singer or bass guitarist. Bummer, huh? rolleyes

I don't know. Sounds like a big improvement to me. People like that just spoil things for those around them.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2324 on: November 19, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »

Yeah, absolutely. Sometimes it's better to suffer a loss in the short term for the long term gain than it is to hang onto something that obviously isn't working. I hope they got on well today -- I haven't seen him yet. Not home from school for another hour or so.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx