News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Cool :afro: Was that you singing as well, Del?
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Hey that's pretty cool Del!  It sounds older than the period, and I mean that as a compliment (one of my bandmates writes and records blues music that sounds like it's 50 years old).  This is the sort of countrified (countryfied?) music I rather like.  This, and bleak, desolate stuff haha  :afro:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

delboy

Thanks Ed and Rev.

Yes, that's me on vocal duty. I try to avoid it wherever possible, but when it's your own song it's hard to get away from it.

I was pretty pleased to get a jail, some highway scenes, a couple of off-stage murders, and some drug and wine cocktails all into a three minute country song. Plus the sound of tumbleweed blowing along the road. I have another song called Mortician Blues and one called Necropheliac Nights. At the time I was described by one guy as a cross between Freddie King and Stephen King, which still remains just about the best compliment I've ever had.

Cheers,
Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

Cool!  Are those going up on the site?  I think you might appreciate the lyrics in one of my bands, Del, if not the music  ;)

Pharosian

Excellent, Del! I really liked that, and I don't usually dig country music!   :dance:

Ed

Yay :cheers: Finally got a dump of snow. It was only a little kinda constipated dump if we're making scatological comparisons, but it's snow nonetheless. About two to three inches deep. Several hills blocked by jackknifed lorries, but apparently most of the schools are open, so no day off for the kids. I don't intend to go anywhere, though. The places I'm working at are all out in the lanes, on ungritted roads, so I don't see the point in putting myself through it :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

Fabulous song Del. Great recording. Wow. Seriously.  And you should sing more. Your voice reminds me of Mark Knopfler.

delboy

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

Looks like I won't be off to work again today - there's only one bus service running in Scunthorpe and it doesn't go anywhere near the town centre.  My friend suggested I walk to work (easy for her to say - her place of work's 10 mins from her house!), which I don't fancy doing since I'll probably only be in for 3 hours, and I don't fancy an hours walk there AND back  ::) but I think I'll have to soon if things don't pick up by Saturday (I've got a full day in work and I'll be buggered if I'm sacrificing that much money)  :cheesy:

JonP

Hey, Del, that is really, really good. As delph says, very reminiscent of early Dire Straits. More, please.

Caz

I liked the song, Del. The music and vocals reminded me of something that Tom Petty might have done. :afro:

It's been snowing for the last three days down here, must be a foot of the stuff laying on the ground by now. Too cold to work even if I could get there, ho hum.
Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

Bec

We have 6-7 inches of snow here, with blizzards forecast for later today. My son is happy - his school is closed!

Rev. Austin

...and I've just found out my gallery's closed anyway  ::) I'm going to brave the elements to visit a sick friend this afternoon and take her some biscuits  :smiley:

delboy

Still no sign of any incumbant weather here. Roads are clear, postie's wandering down the road with a smile and a knind word for everyone he meets. The binmen are whistling and talking about last night's footie, there's a copy of the Daily Star folded up and wedged between their dashboard and windscreen. The local bobby's doing his rounds. The baker has just taken his last batch from the oven and the smell of fresh bread is wafting across the village green where little children are laughing as they play on the new swings. A coal barge is lazily working it's way up the canal, pulled by a big old shire horse wearing highly polished silver buckles and black leather straps. The tillerman is puffing on a pipe and the smell of tobacco hangs in the still air like a promise of old stories. The dog is snuggled up beneath my chair and songbirds are frolicking on the lawn. It's like Llareggub on a slightly parky autumnal day.

Derek

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

Del...are you a fictional character?  :shocked: