gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 12:10:52 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589531 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2400 on: December 02, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »

...and I've just found out my gallery's closed anyway  rolleyes I'm going to brave the elements to visit a sick friend this afternoon and take her some biscuits  smiley

Chicken soup is the more traditional choice afro

Del -- you've got a good singing voice. You should get on and write some more songs smiley

BTW, my eldest's school has just closed, which creates a problem for the parents of all the kids who struggled in. My wife battled her way into work, against my advice, and is going to find the lanes very treacherous when she ventures home. I popped out to get a few things earlier and had trouble even getting my van back into the garage at home. Great fun.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:12:10 AM by Ed » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Bec
« Reply #2401 on: December 02, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »

Despite the family being snowed off and at home, I've managed to write 1000 words so far today. Now I just need to put those words in the right order.  scratch
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #2402 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »

You have a beautiful voice, Del. Could close my eyes and practically imagine I was back in some seedy Texas bar ten years back, listening to some undiscovered talent.  afro

We got our first dusting of snow here, and I'm not freaking out yet. (Spent the last few years living in the desert. Me and cold don't hang.) I can't seem to figure out how to keep my feet warm, though; I suppose I should be happy that's my biggest concern right now.
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2403 on: December 03, 2010, 12:12:54 AM »

Went to the home of a co-worker tonight after work, and had lots of little appetizers and several alcoholic beverages...  Cheesy

She and I had a great time talking and commiserating about some of the goings-on at work. While I can talk about frustrations at home, it's not the same as talking to someone sharing the same trench, so to speak.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2404 on: December 03, 2010, 03:46:39 AM »

I can't seem to figure out how to keep my feet warm, though; I suppose I should be happy that's my biggest concern right now.

Wooly socks work for me, but I can imagine they don't go well with heels afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #2405 on: December 03, 2010, 03:59:45 AM »

Oddly enough, it's when it's really cold that I go into high heels. Keeps your feet off the cold ground. You should try it, Ed.  azn
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2406 on: December 03, 2010, 04:16:05 AM »

Oddly enough, it's when it's really cold that I go into high heels. Keeps your feet off the cold ground. You should try it, Ed.  azn

Can you get them with steel toecaps? I feel an episode of Dragon's Den coming on afro

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2407 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »

Now I'm getting all sorts of images I don't want  huh

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2408 on: December 03, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »

Speaking of high heels to keep out of the snow, sometimes I find it's easier cycling in, say, 6 inches of snow than walking in it. Trouble is, the snow gets clogged up in the mudguards so I use my mountain bike. Better tyres too to avoid sideways slippage on the ice beneath the snow. In January 1982 I recorded a temperature of -22 C at home, cycled to school and found it was just one degree warmer there. Normally it took me 10 mins to cycle to school but the chain wasn't running properly at those temperatures - the links seemed to be travelling in twos. My ears and forehead hurt. There's been a few days with below -10 C in Chester since then. I must admit I've wimped this winter and left my bikes at home. How about you, Del?

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2409 on: December 03, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »

I'm the same, Geoff. Very little cycling here. Had to go into town the other evening on the mountain bike. Was a little hairy at times - poor lights and icy canal tow-paths aren't a great combination. A least it took my mind off the cold!

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2410 on: December 03, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »

I wouldn't mind having a boke round about now - got an hour's walk to work to look forward to in the morning, and I have a sneaking suspicion one of the "fun" snow activities that's been lined up involves the public pelting me with snowballs.

Boke?  Bike!  But a boke might come in handy if it's some sort of anti-snow vehicle.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:10:02 PM by Rev. Austin » Logged

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #2411 on: December 03, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »

grin Pictures!
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2412 on: December 04, 2010, 06:28:26 AM »

I had a weird day. I woke up for work on 4 hours of sleep and checked my answering machine to find that my new TV was delayed for 3 days and my uncle had died (he was a morbidly obese mongoloid in his 50's. We knew it was coming. Still, it's sad because it was like a kid I've known my whole life died). So, My eyes were all itchy-burny and I called work to find out if anybody wanted to work for me. I got lucky and got to spend the whole day doing crits. I remembered that I haven't seen anything from Sabu (one of my favorite directors) for a while, so I checked and found several new things which I will hopefully get to watch soon. Then I got drunk and watched the new Woody Allen movie. It's pretty good, but at this point I have to give up on him ever directing another Stardust Memories or Love and Death. He's resigned himself to being too old to act and his style has gone mainstream and mediocre. It's very sad. Oh well. These things happen. At least today wasn't boring.  Wink     

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2413 on: December 04, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

I'm sorry about your uncle, fnord-- knowing something is coming doesn't make it that much better.  Sad

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #2414 on: December 04, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »

Yeah, that's rough. Sorry to hear, fnord.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx