News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Sounds awful, Del. I hope your day goes well. At least you can probably grab an hour or two's sleep on the train to make up for those you lost. I'd probably sleep right through my stop and end up in Scotland somewhere, though :scratch:

Re Freemasons, I know at least three people who are masons, and I rip hell out of them all the time -- ask them things like, is it their turn in the barrel this week, if they've molested any goats lately, or if they've been out cow-tipping in their little aprons and their moose hats :grin: I don't think there's any harm in the provincial organisation, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is an elite core of illuminati who lurk behind closed doors, making decisions that affect the masses. So what if there is? It's no different to being at the mercy of any other form of government. It seems to me we've been at the mercy of stock brokers and bankers for more years than we like to admit.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Hey Del. Nice surprise - us up here in t'north aren't so freezin today - yeay.

delph_ambi

Speak for yourself, Geoff! I'm still snowed in.

Geoff_N

Well, I was speaking from my armchair then. So I threw myself on my trusty steed and within minutes found myself rotating sideways on black ice. Sneaky stuff.

delph_ambi

My problem is that my neighbours, in digging their own cars out, have left mountains of snow either side of my car, completely blocking me in (we park on the road as we don't have driveways, being a terrace). If I push the snow off the roof of my car, it has to go onto one or the other of the mountains, unless I push it onto the road, which will block me further, or the pavement, which isn't terribly clever either. Will just have to wait for a thaw. It's melting a little today, but there's so much of the blasted stuff it's going to take a while.

I think there are a couple of bicycles about the place, left by my kids, but last time I sat on one I realised I'd need stabilisers. You DO forget how to ride a bike. Incredible, but true.

Ed

We haven't got any snow at all, and only had it for a day and a bit to start with. I'm quite disappointed. I only got to have one day off because of it ::)
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delboy

No snow until we got north of Birmingham. By the time we got to Derby it was like riding a train across a wedding cake. No snow in Leeds town centre, though.

Long delay on the way home as a car had crashed into  railway bridge and we had to wait for a structural engineer to give the bridge the all clear. Wierdly, the same thing happened last time I went to Leeds.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

*plays spooky music* Meet Derek, a seemingly normal, everyday Joe, on his way home from a meeting.  But Derek has a dark secret, one that involves cars and bridges.  One that may well cause him to take a little detour into a place called...The Twilight Zone.
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

delboy

I could have sworn you were goingto write:

QuoteOne that may well cause him to take a little detour into a place called...Chesterfield.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

My friends' band played a gig there once and were so loud the bouncers forced them to stop and leave the premises after their first song.  True story!

Geoff_N

funny enough, when I met Del in the summer there was a car collision with a bridge too. We'd met by bicycle, the car had veered off the road in Swindon Village and hit the railway bridge there. I still have a painting I did of that bridge I did for school when I was 15.

Rev. Austin

*plays spooky music* Meet Geoff, a seemingly normal, everyday Joe, who used to spend his youth painting bridges.  But Geoff has a dark secret, one that involves the fate of any bridge he paints.  One that may well cause him to wash his brushes in a pot called...The Twilight Zone.

Geoff_N

LOL. Two other bridges I've painted are no longer!

Ed

Urf -- went and got myself a head cold. It's not overly bad at the moment, but I feel weak and achy with it. I'm hoping a weekend of cosseting will put paid to it, if I can manage to get one in. 

leatherdykeuk

Quote from: delboy on December 10, 2010, 07:13:02 AM

QuoteOne that may well cause him to take a little detour into a place called...Chesterfield.

That's where I live...