gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 12, 2017, 08:31:05 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 588474 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2460 on: December 11, 2010, 03:52:16 AM »

Breaking News: Jeff Bridges offers Geoff Nelder a fortune not to paint him....

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2461 on: December 11, 2010, 03:58:27 AM »

Urf -- went and got myself a head cold. It's not overly bad at the moment, but I feel weak and achy with it. I'm hoping a weekend of cossacking will put paid to it, if I can manage to get some in. 

I knew it!  You're a secret Russian!

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2462 on: December 11, 2010, 05:43:44 AM »

Curses! My cover has beink blownski Angry and all for the love of wodka and a veekend of high kickinks...

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x25vmb?width=&amp;theme=none&amp;foreground=%23F7FFFD&amp;highlight=%23FFC300&amp;background=%23171D1B&amp;start=&amp;animatedTitle=&amp;iframe=0&amp;additionalInfos=0&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;hideInfos=0" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x25vmb?width=&amp;theme=none&amp;foreground=%23F7FFFD&amp;highlight=%23FFC300&amp;background=%23171D1B&amp;start=&amp;animatedTitle=&amp;iframe=0&amp;additionalInfos=0&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;hideInfos=0</a>

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:00:52 AM by Ed » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2463 on: December 11, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »

haha you guys are brilliant grin

Went for a Christmas meal with a big group of friends tonight, was really good - both the food and company (I had pork medallions with these apple 'balls' in some sort of fancy brandy sauce mmm very nice).  The way there though was very scary - driving through woods and thick THICK fog.  I shit my friend up by telling her we'd see a scary-faced man run out of the trees and into the road hahaha Then had the night spoiled by a few drinks in our local, only for some idiot indie boys (tracksuits, Beatles' haircuts) getting the barman to skip all the songs I'd put on the jukebox because it wasn't bloody Oasis or whatever (I had stuff like Visage, Dead Kennedys, nice mix of all sorts).  The barman gave me my money back, but if he's going to let them go behind the bar and physically skip songs there's no hope for anyone  Cry

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2464 on: December 12, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »

Just finished up another code deployment here... it's now 3:30 AM, and I'm WIRED!  dance

In other news, I applied for and got a different job in our company. As of approximately January 10 (depending on how the transition goes), I will move from the Quality Assurance department into Professional Services, where my new title will be Business Analyst. I'll be helping to define the requirements of new products up front, rather than finding fault with them at the end of the development process!

It's raining here now, but in a very short time the temperature is expected to plunge (I've heard estimates of -20 F) and the rain will turn to lots and lots of pretty snow! I'm hoping it's so bad I can't get in to work Monday!  bleh
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2465 on: December 12, 2010, 04:55:17 AM »

Congratulations, Pharo!  afro

delph_ambi
« Reply #2466 on: December 12, 2010, 05:08:32 AM »

Congrats on the new job  afro
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2467 on: December 12, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »

Top news, Pharo!  cheers I don't know much about business analysis but all the BA's I know earn a fortune and are held in very high regard - so the future looks bright  cool

Rev', you're absolutely right - somethings are just not done and skipping paid-for tracks on a juke-box is one of them. Maybe society really is breaking down.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2468 on: December 12, 2010, 05:21:59 AM »

Congrats, Pharo -- sounds like you've had enough of obelizing, then? afro

Rev -- that sucks. You obviously fell foul of the regulars. That's the trouble with some village pubs. You sometimes get one or two entrenched morons that rule the place, and the publican has to strike a delicate balance between humouring them and keeping everybody else happy. It's a shame they spoiled your night.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2469 on: December 12, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »

Congrats, Pharo!!!  dance

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2470 on: December 12, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »

Thanks, everyone!

Not unless you kick me out of the critique group...  grin  I'm glad to know someone noticed my self-appointed title and bothered to look it up, though!  cool

And on the weather front, it was the usual letdown this morning when I looked out and saw snow-covered grass but clear streets and driveways. I should know by now that in this part of the country they like to stir folks up with wild predictions of vast accumulation, only to get a paltry couple of inches. Must be because all the meteorologists are men. As for the temperature, it's more like +20 F.
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2471 on: December 12, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »

Rev -- that sucks. You obviously fell foul of the regulars. That's the trouble with some village pubs. You sometimes get one or two entrenched morons that rule the place, and the publican has to strike a delicate balance between humouring them and keeping everybody else happy. It's a shame they spoiled your night.

My friends and I are the regulars (of almost 15 years!), that's what's so infuriating about the whole thing.  The chumps who came in have only been gracing the place with their lairy behaviour for maybe a couple of months, ever since the landlady retired.  We all reckon they were a group she kicked out before.  It's rubbish because literally every other pub in Scunthorpe plays the music they like yet they chose to ruin the atmosphere in the only place my friends and I feel safe.  It's a tragedy, I tell you!  I might have to become a shut-in.

In other news, finally sorted out Christmas presents for my mum and dad today - my dad's impossible to buy for since his main interests are golf, gardening and booze, and we always get him something from one of those three categories.   This year I've got him a book of newspaper headlines from the year he was born, so hopefully he likes that.  Cheesy

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2472 on: December 12, 2010, 03:14:04 PM »

Superglue the skip switch open and then load up the jukebox with what you want. That's what I would do, Rev. afro

I should know by now that in this part of the country they like to stir folks up with wild predictions of vast accumulation, only to get a paltry couple of inches. Must be because all the meteorologists are men.

Do I detect a sexual metaphor there? huh But then, I'm not surprised the men of Ohio are hung like sparrows if it's that cold there afro

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2473 on: December 12, 2010, 07:58:09 PM »

You detected correctly, Ed!  Wink

Fortunately, my husband isn't from Ohio.  cheers
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2474 on: December 13, 2010, 02:59:57 AM »

ed, i think its the bald-eagle that flaps around the us of a -- good for them.

of course its not the size [of the bird], but rather the plumage that counts ........... all clever-dicks know that.

xaxaxaxaxaxa [my slavic laugh] ..... bald bald-eagle....... xaxaxaxaxaxaxa

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx