gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 10:34:52 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589898 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2475 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »

Only 10 days to go before us fellas have to start our Christmas shopping. Luckily there are no less than three petrol stations that, along with fuel, stock a selection of flowers, chocolates, magazines, and windscreen wiper blades, within easy one-handed cycling distance of chez Del. Imagine what Christmas shopping must have been like when filling stations only sold petrol?

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2476 on: December 13, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »

My husband won't even go outside to do his shopping. My presents typically come from Amazon.  rolleyes
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2477 on: December 13, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

I've made full use of the internet this year!  I feel strangely liberated  cheers

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2478 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:54 PM »

I'm kinda off the hook this year, because the missus wanted a dental brace, which cost in excess of three grand (that's four and a half if you're American). She said not to buy her anything for Christmas or Birthday.

Now, we all know she really doesn't mean that, and she's expecting something, for sure, so I thought I might buy her a nice shiny new half inch drive socket set. The one I bought her a few years ago is looking a bit tatty these days and the ratchet drive is getting on my nerves afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2479 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:57 PM »

Oh, you hopeless romantic, you! 
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2480 on: December 14, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »

i once had a wife that would buy me bath-oil and little funny-flavoured miniture ball-bars of soap for my birthdays  -  i dunno what she thought she was doing ... but i know what she was up to....
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #2481 on: December 14, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »

Ah, the holidays. I haven't had any time to write anything but Christmas cards lately!  But my shopping's nearly done.
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2482 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »

Bought my wife something more or less at random from Ann Summer. Might be the wrong size. Doesn't matter because if it is too big she'll feel flattered and if a tad too small she'll wear it anyway.

LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2483 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:29 AM »

Bought my wife something more or less at random from Ann Summer. Might be the wrong size. Doesn't matter because if it is too big she'll feel flattered and if a tad too small she'll wear it anyway.
....there's only one thing that goes through my mind when i read this: -- blackmail  Wink
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2484 on: December 15, 2010, 06:04:06 AM »

Everybody I know is too broke to do gifts this year. It's sad, but it does ease a bit of the holiday stress.

I saw the "True Grit" remake today and it was pretty darn tootin good. Even my friend who hardly rates anything over a 5 gave it an 8 and he didn't notice it was a comedy. I would highly recommend checking it out.

They cured someone of HIV using stem cells. Also, researchers conducting tests in the harsh environment of Mono Lake in California have discovered the first known microorganism on Earth able to thrive and reproduce using the arsenic. http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/astrobiology_toxic_chemical.html  

Anyone heard anything else interesting lately?

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2485 on: December 15, 2010, 07:45:03 AM »

My credit card debt is bigger than it's ever been... yet I'm still spending more on Christmas gifts than ever before?  scratch Something wrong with this model. methinks. That said, I did read an article in the Mail on Sunday that said right now owing money is better than saving money, because every time the government does a bit of the old quantitive easing the value of any money we have saved goes down a bit...so the value of my debt is shrinking  Wink

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2486 on: December 15, 2010, 08:33:03 AM »

Anyone heard anything else interesting lately?
.... i think i read it stopped snowing [source: - daily haiku]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #2487 on: December 15, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it is barmy to have dark red envelopes for greeting cards? Empathy for the postman trying to read addresses!

LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2488 on: December 15, 2010, 10:16:50 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks it is barmy to have dark red envelopes for greeting cards? Empathy for the postman trying to read addresses!
...yes
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2489 on: December 15, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

Maybe that's what happened to all my Christmas post. Ordered a bunch of stuff online (just in case the Petrol Station is closed on Xmas eve, you understand) and none of it has arrived. Amazon's offices aren't in the frozen north, are they?

Derek

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx