News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Austin

They're in my house.  I'm Amazon, and I have a deep-seated, seething hatred of red envelopes.  The truth had to come out some time!
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Rook

There are such things as silver pens, you know.  :scratch:

I prefer black envelopes for all occasions...  :grin:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Quote from: Geoff_N on December 14, 2010, 09:29:49 PM
Bought my wife something more or less at random from Ann Summer. Might be the wrong size. Doesn't matter because if it is too big she'll feel flattered and if a tad too small she'll wear it anyway.

It's not a rampant rabbit then, Geoff? :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Ed

http://www.youtube.com/v/SB7uc3gksdY?fs=1&hl=en_GB

I didn't even know what a rampant rabbit was until a few weeks ago when we found one in the garage of a house we were working at :grin:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

leatherdykeuk

Love it, though 'exclusively to Ann Summers'  should read ' twice the price of anywhere else at Ann Summers' Honestly, you look at their whips and you think 'why would someone pay good money for such shoody products?'

Geoff_N

Quote from: leatherdykeuk on December 16, 2010, 04:09:14 AM
Love it, though 'exclusively to Ann Summers'  should read ' twice the price of anywhere else at Ann Summers' Honestly, you look at their whips and you think 'why would someone pay good money for such shoody products?'
Actually, they're quite cheap in the Chester Ann Summers - and they work.

Rev. Austin

Such smut!  My delicate sensibilities have been steamrollered!  :grin:

Ed

Could be an interesting next few days weatherwise. The weatherman tonight was talking about eight inches of snow on Saturday. I've got a crazy amount of work to do before Christmas, so I hope we get all or nothing, and I hope I'm at home when it happens, if it happens. Tomorrow I'm working a long way from home, off the beaten track, pretty close to where our latest communal story is set, actually. I'm slightly closer on Monday, closer again on Tuesday. I want Tuesday to be my last day at work for two weeks, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Rev. Austin

I'm at work on Saturday, doing a kids' pirate party!  Arrrr!  Then I'm helping out (read: basically doing) another one straight after, but it's a custom jewellery one (for girls).  I'm going to be utterly pooped - fifteen 5-6 year olds then twelve 7-8 year olds.  Phewee!  I hope the snow doesn't stop the kids turning up.  I really don't.

Pharosian

It's been super cold here. A day or two ago my Google weather gadget said it was 1 degree outside. Don't know if that was accurate, but it's been well below freezing. Today I had to shovel several inches of fine powdery snow off the driveway before going to work--where only a few people had made it in, anyway. Most were "working from home." Then we had some weird problem with the system that caused things to slow down intermittently, and nobody could figure out what caused it.

Got some good news, though: the company has announced a change in the vacation allotment which will give me an extra week's vacation next year! I'm stoked about that!  :dance:

desertwomble

It's so cold here I almost had to wear a pullover the other day - almost.

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

Ed

Hey Womble, is it true that the people of Saudi Arabia don't like the Flintstones, but the folks in Abu Dhabi do? :cheesy:

Pharo -- nice one. I would love a whole week of guaranteed holiday per year, let alone an extra one. :afro:

delboy

I'm working up to and including Christmas Eve but have then got all the time off until Tuesday the 4th. By my reckoning that's 10 days  :cheers:

Meanwhile, it's Friday and there's a weekend rapidly approaching, too  :cheers:  :cheers:

Alas, there's a lot of work to do between now and then, my head hurts, my online pressies still haven't arrived and I was planning on delivering a few of them this weekend, it's bloody cold, and everyone else in the household breaks up today. Grrrr.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Ed

As expected, we've had just enough weather to cause problems, but not enough to stop everything completely :idiot: Left home yesterday morning and the roads were terrible in the village -- compacted snow. On the main routes it was fine, but snowing heavily. Drove about five miles and they'd had hardly anything. I could still see the grass in the fields, like they'd had a hard frost. Spent all day working outside, thirty miles away, in the sun, believe it or not, then set off home at about 4:30, before all the slush froze again. Get back to within five miles of home and it's been snowing all day there. Had a job making it home the last mile or so.

Supposed to be laying an oak floor in my hallway over the weekend, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea with kids dumping snow-covered clothing all over the place -- it'll be wrecked before I have a chance to seal it :scratch: I ought to just hunker down and write something, but I really haven't felt much like writing lately. I don't seem to get that spark of inspiration at the moment. Nevermind. Maybe I'll spend some time editing some old stories. I have a few that I think show a glimmer of promise, and might polish up quite nicely with a bit of attention.