News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnord33

Sorry to hear it's so cold there. You should do what we did all those years ago. Convince all your women fol to make their hair ridiculously large with hairspray. Next thing you know the ozone layer will be good and thin and winter will be nice and toasty. All hail the retro 80's movement!    :cheers: :cool: :cheers:
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Pharosian

Quote from: Ed on December 18, 2010, 04:37:20 AM
I ought to just hunker down and write something, but I really haven't felt much like writing lately. I don't seem to get that spark of inspiration at the moment.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way at the moment. After writing my story for the CD comp, I just don't seem to be able to come up with any good ideas. I keep comparing any new ideas to that and feel they come up short...  :'(

LashSlash

Quote from: Pharosian on December 18, 2010, 10:22:59 AM
Unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way at the moment. After writing my story for the CD comp, I just don't seem to be able to come up with any good ideas. I keep comparing any new ideas to that and feel they come up short...  :'(
--- i'm full of ideas... no end of them.... -- tell you what: i'll give you ideas if you check my  grammer [mainly puntuation and tenses].... deal?

Caz

It had to happen, the snow finally dumped itself down on my neck of the woods. About 4 to 6 inches of the stuff in a couple of hours. I had to walk back from the pool hall, I had my bike but didn't want to take the chance of riding it. Still, even on foot I moved faster than the cars. Not so bad really, it was a pleasant enough walk considering it was a bit of a blizzard at the time. :tdoff:
Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

LashSlash

today we had clear blue skies -- sunny & bright... drunk by 11:30 [vodka] --- tomorrow promises much of the same

Geoff_N

Quote from: LashSlash on December 18, 2010, 01:47:22 PM
today we had clear blue skies -- sunny & bright... drunk by 11:30 [vodka] --- tomorrow promises much of the same

Didn't Israel get some snow last year? I bet you get bored with all that blue sky... and vodka? Try snow and a cuppatea.

Geoff

Geoff_N

I wonder how long it will take before TV companies feel they don't need to add "and in HD" to their adverts?

Rook

That will stop about the time they start saying, 'Now in 3D!', ad nauseam.
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Rev. Austin

Fell over on my weekly walk to the supermarket and hurt my leg :( weeks of ice on the pavements and now I fall over, bloody typical  ::) now recovering with a coffee and some biscuits yum yum yum  :afro:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

delboy

Just put on my thermals and am about to head out to watch the big game. -7 and falling at the moment. I think I might take my gloves. Been sliding all over the road in the car today, no sign of any gritters. I shall walk carefully and endeavour to stay upright, Rev,...

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

Learn from my mistake, Del.  I thought Wayne Goodchild was beyond the petty reach of the weather, but he wasn't.  Now my leg feels like it's been on a rack and I'm really sleepy.  Don't underestimate the ice, Del!  It's sneaky stuff.

Pharosian

We watched a pretty good movie on DVD called The Hole, starring Thora Birch and Keira Knightly. Billed as a psychological thriller, it's about what a group of kids get up to on a break from their posh school. Even though it's a movie, I think it contains a pretty good example of an unreliable narrator.

Interestingly, it was filmed largely in and around Downside School, less than 50 miles from where our current Collective Story takes place.

Ed

I spent all morning laying an oak floor in my hallway, then we had Christmas drinks at a friend's house, mingled a bit. Came back here after a few pints of the falling down water and found my carpentry skills had somewhat diminished when I tried to restart my labours. Gradually got the hang of it again, and finished-up for the day about an hour ago. I think it's going to take me a few more evenings to get it done. Could have done without the drinks, really, but had to make the effort to get into the Christmas spirit a bit -- I've been too busy to get into it so far. Got invited out on a few shoots while I was there, so that's something to look forward to as well.

Can't wait to finish work and have a break -- I feel like I really need it. :sthumb:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Quote from: Pharosian on December 19, 2010, 01:11:48 PM
We watched a pretty good movie on DVD called The Hole, starring Thora Birch and Keira Knightly. Billed as a psychological thriller, it's about what a group of kids get up to on a break from their posh school. Even though it's a movie, I think it contains a pretty good example of an unreliable narrator.

Interestingly, it was filmed largely in and around Downside School, less than 50 miles from where our current Collective Story takes place.

Ooooh Pharo, and here I was thinking you had good taste  :grin: I hate that film!  Bleurgh!  I distinctly recall that 'The Hole' is an apt title as it's the cinematic equivalent of a black hole.  A gaping filmic pit of despair!  and so forth haha

Mind you, I've recently begrudgingly realised that I quite like some Tori Amos stuff, and I used to utterly despise her, so maybe this film is worth revisiting.  How's that for a wheedly u-turn? haha

Ed

Urgh -- I bought a Tori Amos album, on the strength of Professional Widow. I took it back. I couldn't bear to listen to any of it :idiot:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]