gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 11, 2017, 04:10:41 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 588145 times)
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2550 on: December 22, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »

I'M FREEEEEEEE!   cheers

Just got home from work a few minutes ago, and I don't have to go back until 2011!   dance dance dance
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2551 on: December 22, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »

Cool -- thanks for letting me know your issues of Shock Totem have arrived. I hope you enjoy them afro

Re Christmas holidays -- I thought I'd finished for this year at the end of today, but went out for a meal tonight, outside of mobile phone coverage, and get back home at gone midnight to find frantic missed calls, which will keep me busy all day tomorrow, and probably the next day as well undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Kenwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #2552 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36:11 PM »

Doh! I forgot I'd mailed those. Wonder if I still have the receipt. Haha.

"Happy people have no stories." —Therapy?

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2553 on: December 23, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »

Woop!  The short Lovecraftian piece I wrote yesterday for a particular market has been accepted by that very market [it's a new one: http://eschatologyjournal.org/]   Cheesy It'll appear online at the end of Jan!  Quickest $5 I ever done made  Wink

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
jsorensen
Critter

« Reply #2554 on: December 23, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »

Congrats Rev.---I know I often say some dispariging remarks about good ole Herbert, but I still LOVE his stuff--I check out your story--when does it go up?

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2555 on: December 23, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »

Yay, Rev!!!!  dance

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2556 on: December 23, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

30th Jan!  santa_evil

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2557 on: December 23, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »

Excellent work that man!!  cheers

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
delph_ambi
« Reply #2558 on: December 23, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

Congrats!  cheers
JonP
Critter

« Reply #2559 on: December 23, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »

Yay! Congrats!

Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #2560 on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:57 AM »

Thanks folks!  I also bought a piece of art yesterday - a big metal locust - it's almost two feet long and over six inches high!  I feel rather cultured, haw haw!

Bec
« Reply #2561 on: December 24, 2010, 04:14:56 AM »

Congrats, Rev!  cheers
Caz
Critter

« Reply #2562 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »

Thanks folks!  I also bought a piece of art yesterday - a big metal locust - it's almost two feet long and over six inches high!  I feel rather cultured, haw haw!

Is it one of those that comes alive at the stroke of midnight, feeling a bit peckish ?  Shocked

Congrats on the story. afro

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2563 on: December 24, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »

Touching wood, that's my last conference call hosted for the year. I'm off to make a nice cup of coffee and enjoy a quietish morning (damn, I hurt my fingres I was hitting that wood so hard) before breaking up for the holidays  cheers

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2564 on: December 24, 2010, 06:01:31 AM »

I had a drunken boss ranting down the phone at me last night because I had left the water turned off in a newly finished, unoccupied house (common sense, right?), and hadn't specifically told the client how to turn it on. On hindsight I don't think it needed saying, TBH -- it's so obvious. However, it slipped my mind during the mad rush and the bad weather. He then carried on ranting about several other problems that have nothing to do with anything I've done, but he'd somehow apportioned the blame to me. I set him straight on that, in no uncertain terms. The fact I've busted a gut for them over the past few months, performed minor miracles, done work so quickly, under pressure, that people don't believe it was possible to do in the given time -- it's all forgotten. To cap it all, I missed my son's birthday tenpin bowling party yesterday afternoon to get them out of the shit once again, and that was all the thanks I got. Unreal I was practically catatonic with a mix of depression and anger when I got home last night. Took me hours to wind down.

Still, today's another day, and I hope to God they will all have the good grace to leave me alone for a couple of weeks now, otherwise I'm likely to explode. smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx