News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delph_ambi

Crikey. Nothing like a bit of Christmas spirit.  :shocked:

Hope you have a peaceful and restful few weeks now Ed. You deserve it.

fnord33

The recipe for a good relationship with your boss:

1 table
3 rolls of duct tape
20 ft. of rope
1 grapefruit spoon
1 hacksaw
1 box cutter
3 lemons
1 jar of Dave's Insanity sauce
1 lb.  salt
1 belt sander
1 staple fun ( i mean gun)
1 lb. live maggots
1 pair of needle nose pliars
96 fish hooks
3 reels of fishing line
1 butane torch
1 hammer
2 bottles of everclear
4 bags of quickcreat
1 hole in the basement floor

Use it in good health/  ;)
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Rook

Excellent solution, Fnord!

That's terrible, Ed. Some people really don't value hard workers... or common sense apparently.  :scratch: You'd think they'd value your sacrifices...  especially your son's party.

Mind you, wouldn't you be embarrassed, as the client, not to be able to figure out how to turn water on?

Don't let him ruin your Christmas!

:smiley:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

LashSlash

...and a merry xmas to one & all and all as one - may santa bring you your hearts' desires...

... i know what i'm asking for....

Pharosian

Hey, fnord! Have you ever used that recipe before? Seems like adding 1 pair rubber gloves and possibly 1 pair safety goggles could improve the results...  :scratch:

Spent part of yesterday writing the first flash fiction piece I've completed in ages, so that felt good. Then I braved a trip to the mall... you'd think people would get their shopping done earlier, wouldn't you? But no, the place was mobbed.  :bleh:  Then last night I started work on a piece I hope to submit to January's critique session. Still working out some details, but I've got a good outline, so I'm optimistic.

And a belated "Congrats!" to the Rev. for a very quick acceptance! Way to go!

delboy

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a great day tomorrow!!!  :sthumb: :sthumb:
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

fnord33

Quote from: Pharosian on December 24, 2010, 12:06:58 PM
Hey, fnord! Have you ever used that recipe before? Seems like adding 1 pair rubber gloves and possibly 1 pair safety goggles could improve the results...  :scratch:

Aw shucks, I knew I was forgetting something. That's what I get for going from memory. ;)

Congratulations Rev. and Pharo. I haven't had time to accomplish anything this month. I did have what I think is a great short idea, but it's a Christmas story so I probably won't be able to get it published for another year.
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Grillmeat

Bit early for St Nick where I live but Merry Christmas to all of you in time zones ahead of me! May it be a wonderful day with family and friends.
OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

jsorensen

Merry Christmas to everyone--and to those who don't celebrate it: may you have a wonderful time as well--we did ours yesterday (the only time all of children were together with their busy work schedules)...
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

Ed

I've had a few glasses of Christmas cheer now, so I'm finally getting into the spirit of it all. It's surprising how quickly a gathering of friends can infuse a person with feelings of wellbeing and good morale. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

fnord33

My car was broken into while I was at work today. Whoever did it must have been on something strong. They smashed my window and stole a giant box of dvds out of my back seat in a well lit parking lot in a mall in a wealthy area of town in the middle of a bunch of cameras on new years eave. There aren't many police departments in Alabama that I think would actually have a chance of finding a criminal, but Mountain Brook is in the top five. At best the crackheads might be able to get a few Christmas presents and 100.00 out of that box. I don't even care about the movies, but waiting for the cops and driving home in the freezing cold with no window kinda sucked. Still, it could be worse. I came home and saw on the news that somebody's house burned down and a kid died in the fire.

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus/whatever  everybody! :smiley:

Pharosian

That's a shame, fnord, but I'm impressed with your "it could be worse" attitude. There's been a lot of that on the news lately, concerning the families in California who have lost their homes and cars to the mudslides. I'm not sure I could rise above my negative feelings to express gratitude in the face of terrible circumstances as well as those victims. Hope you're insured for the damage and loss...

Ed

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, fnord. Some people, huh? :idiot:

We've had a pretty good day today. The kids stayed up late last night, so for the first time ever, we actually woke up before they did on Christmas morning. It's been a relaxing day from start to finish. I cooked dinner -- roast duck, roast potatoes, runner beans, honey glazed carrots, swede mashed with butter and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, pigs in their blankets, all topped off with a gravy made from the meat juices and a stock from the giblets, celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Lovely. That was at two this afternoon, and I'm still feeling stuffed now :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

jsorensen

Got another Christmas gift:  Sent a story out today and it got accepted-- :dance:
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

Pharosian

Wow... who was accepting/rejecting manuscripts on Christmas?  :scratch: