gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 03:47:39 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589012 times)
delph_ambi
« Reply #2565 on: December 24, 2010, 06:10:53 AM »

Crikey. Nothing like a bit of Christmas spirit.  Shocked

Hope you have a peaceful and restful few weeks now Ed. You deserve it.
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2566 on: December 24, 2010, 06:30:43 AM »

The recipe for a good relationship with your boss:

1 table
3 rolls of duct tape
20 ft. of rope
1 grapefruit spoon
1 hacksaw
1 box cutter
3 lemons
1 jar of Dave's Insanity sauce
1 lb.  salt
1 belt sander
1 staple fun ( i mean gun)
1 lb. live maggots
1 pair of needle nose pliars
96 fish hooks
3 reels of fishing line
1 butane torch
1 hammer
2 bottles of everclear
4 bags of quickcreat
1 hole in the basement floor

Use it in good health/  Wink

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2567 on: December 24, 2010, 08:54:24 AM »

Excellent solution, Fnord!

That's terrible, Ed. Some people really don't value hard workers... or common sense apparently.  scratch You'd think they'd value your sacrifices...  especially your son's party.

Mind you, wouldn't you be embarrassed, as the client, not to be able to figure out how to turn water on?

Don't let him ruin your Christmas!

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2568 on: December 24, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »

...and a merry xmas to one & all and all as one - may santa bring you your hearts' desires...

... i know what i'm asking for....

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2569 on: December 24, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »

Hey, fnord! Have you ever used that recipe before? Seems like adding 1 pair rubber gloves and possibly 1 pair safety goggles could improve the results...  scratch

Spent part of yesterday writing the first flash fiction piece I've completed in ages, so that felt good. Then I braved a trip to the mall... you'd think people would get their shopping done earlier, wouldn't you? But no, the place was mobbed.  bleh  Then last night I started work on a piece I hope to submit to January's critique session. Still working out some details, but I've got a good outline, so I'm optimistic.

And a belated "Congrats!" to the Rev. for a very quick acceptance! Way to go!
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2570 on: December 24, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a great day tomorrow!!! 

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2571 on: December 24, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »

Hey, fnord! Have you ever used that recipe before? Seems like adding 1 pair rubber gloves and possibly 1 pair safety goggles could improve the results...  scratch

Aw shucks, I knew I was forgetting something. That's what I get for going from memory. Wink

Congratulations Rev. and Pharo. I haven't had time to accomplish anything this month. I did have what I think is a great short idea, but it's a Christmas story so I probably won't be able to get it published for another year.

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #2572 on: December 24, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »

Bit early for St Nick where I live but Merry Christmas to all of you in time zones ahead of me! May it be a wonderful day with family and friends.

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
jsorensen
Critter

« Reply #2573 on: December 24, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »

Merry Christmas to everyone--and to those who don't celebrate it: may you have a wonderful time as well--we did ours yesterday (the only time all of children were together with their busy work schedules)...

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2574 on: December 24, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »

I've had a few glasses of Christmas cheer now, so I'm finally getting into the spirit of it all. It's surprising how quickly a gathering of friends can infuse a person with feelings of wellbeing and good morale. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #2575 on: December 25, 2010, 06:28:18 AM »

My car was broken into while I was at work today. Whoever did it must have been on something strong. They smashed my window and stole a giant box of dvds out of my back seat in a well lit parking lot in a mall in a wealthy area of town in the middle of a bunch of cameras on new years eave. There aren't many police departments in Alabama that I think would actually have a chance of finding a criminal, but Mountain Brook is in the top five. At best the crackheads might be able to get a few Christmas presents and 100.00 out of that box. I don't even care about the movies, but waiting for the cops and driving home in the freezing cold with no window kinda sucked. Still, it could be worse. I came home and saw on the news that somebody's house burned down and a kid died in the fire.

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus/whatever  everybody! smiley

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2576 on: December 25, 2010, 11:50:09 AM »

That's a shame, fnord, but I'm impressed with your "it could be worse" attitude. There's been a lot of that on the news lately, concerning the families in California who have lost their homes and cars to the mudslides. I'm not sure I could rise above my negative feelings to express gratitude in the face of terrible circumstances as well as those victims. Hope you're insured for the damage and loss...
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2577 on: December 25, 2010, 01:50:05 PM »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, fnord. Some people, huh?

We've had a pretty good day today. The kids stayed up late last night, so for the first time ever, we actually woke up before they did on Christmas morning. It's been a relaxing day from start to finish. I cooked dinner -- roast duck, roast potatoes, runner beans, honey glazed carrots, swede mashed with butter and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, pigs in their blankets, all topped off with a gravy made from the meat juices and a stock from the giblets, celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Lovely. That was at two this afternoon, and I'm still feeling stuffed now afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
jsorensen
Critter

« Reply #2578 on: December 25, 2010, 10:33:39 PM »

Got another Christmas gift:  Sent a story out today and it got accepted-- dance

He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. ‘The horror!’
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2579 on: December 25, 2010, 11:31:52 PM »

Wow... who was accepting/rejecting manuscripts on Christmas?  scratch
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx