News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Austin

Thanks for the comments, fellas!  I always enjoy hearing comparisons, because I can point to loads of bands no one's heard of hahah but it's always cool to see what well-known bands people think it sounds like  :afro:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Caz

Just had a listen, Rev. Got a Slipknot thing going on there me thinks. :afro:

Bought a couple of books today, it was a buy one get one half price thing. So I thought I'll pay for the £6.99 and get the £14.99 one for half price...the shop thought different though. Ho hum, robbed again. :afro:
Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

Ed

Went out on an organised shoot today. All I had with me was my usual cartridges for shooting clay pigeons, and I couldn't hit a damn thing. Pheasant after pheasant fluttered by me, I blasted away twenty cartridges, and hit nothing at all. It was as if I was firing cartridges filled with confetti, or blanks. Utterly hopeless. I thought it was only a morning's shooting, so I had only taken the one belt of ammo, which meant I had to scrounge a few cartridges from the other guys. Lo and behold, on the next drive, using the new cartridges, I shoot three straight off. I'm still not sure whether it was the ammo or my crapness with the shotgun that made me miss all morning, but it felt good to finally hit something.

I'm absolutely knackered now, though -- I reckon I've walked ten miles or more, up hill, down valley, up steeper hill, down valley. I was practically coughing up blood. Must get down the gym :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

The first lot of pheasants were probably wearing the Kevlar flak jackets I've invented for "game" birds. Watch out for the next lot, they might have the air-to-ground missiles I've been working on.  ;)

Ed

Heh, I said the same sort of thing to the farmer --  these birds had black ops training, or something. Veterans of the field :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Pharosian

I start my new job in the morning. Already I have more meetings scheduled for next week than i normally attend in a month.  ::)  This new position is going to entail going to a LOT more meetings. People have been asking me if I'm "excited" about changing jobs. I keep saying that "excited" isn't the word I would have used. I'm looking forward to it of course, but there's a certain amount of apprehension involved in moving to something new after having been in QA for so many years. Then my new boss asked me if I was excited about coming into the new position, and I said, "Yeah!"  :grin:

Rook

Good luck, Pharo! I'm sure you have little reason for apprehension-- on your end at least!  :afro:

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

See, I'd have said, "Nah, but I'm looking forward to the pay rise." :afro: Honesty's always the best policy and all that.

Good luck tomorrow, Pharo. It's always a bit nerve-wracking going from one job to another, but I'm sure you'll be up to speed and liking the change in no time at all. :smiley:

I'm back to work tomorrow. I feel a bit sad about going back to the daily grind. I think I feel more prepared for it now I've had a proper long break and time to wind down. Friday was the first day I started to feel a bit bored around the house, which is a good sign it's time to go back to work. I've got a very busy few weeks ahead of me now. Crazy amount of work to do. Can't complain, though. :smiley:

Rev. Austin

Went to a cool housewarming party (arf arf!) last night, had tremendous fun!  Reminded myself that I utterly despise tequila, yuk!  >:( I forgot to mention, my friend and I went to view a flat (well, maisonette) on Thursday.  It was basically perfect so we went straight to the estate agents and put a credit check through.  Now we've got our fingers crossed it all goes to plan!  The only thing that's worrying me is I have to get housing benefit to cover my rent (since my hours at the gallery are haphazard) and I won't know how much I'll get for the new flat until I've moved in (the council can't work it out beforehand, because that would be far too easy  :bleh: )... ::)

Geoff_N

Best o luck, tomorrow Pharo.
And fingers (and as you say, eyes) crossed for you too, Rev with the property laddering.

delboy

Good luck everyone - Pharo' with the job and Ed going back to work and Rev with the flat.  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Robert Essig

Quote from: Rev. Austin on January 09, 2011, 12:15:30 PM
Reminded myself that I utterly despise tequila, yuk! 

I'm not a fan either, but I do like that a shot of good tequila followed by the sucking of a wedge of lemon is pretty damn smooth.  Thing is, I can't afford good tequila, and when I drink, I drink too much to bother with expensive booze anyhow.
Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.

Rev. Austin

We did the proper salt/shot/lime thing.  Vile!  It doesn't help that tequila always reminds me of the time my best mate knocked some back then threw up on my girlfriend  hahaha oh man it was awful  :P

Robert Essig

Oh, well, if tequila reminds you of someone retching, I can see the dislike.

I don't do the whole salt part of tequila shooters.   :buck:  Nor limes.  I prefer lemons...or maybe it's because I have a lemon tree in my front yard.
Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.

jsorensen

I recall some comedian said that "tequila" is the other word that is recognized in every language.  He said you could go to China, Germany, or where ever, say "tequila" and watch as evryone just shook their heads and grumbled in pain...I don't like the stuff nyself---prefer the cheap beer (go Beast  :cheers:  )
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'