News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Fair play to you, Ed. I've had a few long days recently but at least they're indoors and I can have as many cups of coffee and rounds as toast as I please! And fair play to you, too, Geoff. I admire your work ethic. I have some time off soon, but I suspect instead of sitting down writing I'll be playing the guitar, fishing, and cycling - then wondering why I don't get anywhere with the writing  :bangh:

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Geoff_N

A snail fell on my head today. That's a first. I was under a tree putting more seed in a dispenser for the birds. No leaves on the tree so I doubt the snail was up there and I was right at the edge. Could be a bird dropped it. After it bounced onto my lawn it crawled off as if it was just another day, another adventure in the sky. Bet Aesop would have made something of it.

delboy

Several slugs crawled into my mug of tea when I was fishing in the pre-dawn one day. Luckily I noticed them before I finished the tea. Unluckily I didn't notice them until I was a good way through my tea. Never had a snail fall on my head though.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Ed

Not so much a cup of tea as much as it was a cup of slug soup then, Del :buck:  Urgh

Forgot that I've got a trade presentation evening tonight. Starts in about an hour's time, so looks like another late one, though I won't actually have to exert myself for a change -- just talk a lot ::) Still time spent doing something that's stopping you doing something you want to be doing, though, isn't it. That's the definition of work, I think :scratch:

Geoff -- thank your lucky stars you're not in Greece. It could have been a tortoise, like what done for poor old Aeschylus :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rook

So, yesterday I decided that I didn't have enough ways to procrastinate on writing/editing/subbing, so I joined Twitter. Yes, I am now a twit.

To those who choose to follow me, I apologize in advance for my spastic efforts to be witty. (Particularly to Delph, who has the dubious honor of being my first follower. :afro: )

For those gluttons for punishment, I am under the name rookberg.

:smiley:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Geoff_N

I couldn't think of anything witty for my twit name so I thought of an idiot and it came out as geoffnelder

Rook

Ed

I don't use my MySpace or Facebook accounts, so I don't see much point in signing up for Twitter :scratch: Sorry. Good luck with it, though :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Robert Essig

I check out facebook once or twice a week, never go to myspace anymore, and I doubt I'll ever tweet.  That's just the way it is.  It's all too much for me to handle.
Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.

Rook

I have thus far managed to avoid FB and Myspace...  :grin: I figure I have enough distractions, and they both sound like time black holes... or I'd spend a ton of time setting it up and then never use them. I'm sure they have their uses. I thought perhaps twitter would be good to keep up with people without too much trouble, and only minimal new things to learn.... (overall, technology and I are on shaky ground... ::)) We'll see.  :shocked:

Quote from: Ed on February 18, 2011, 01:50:14 PM
Good luck with it, though :afro:

Thanks, Ed.
:smiley:

delph_ambi

I've given up on MySpace, but I spend hours on facebook. I've managed to sell both pictures and books there as the result of my incessant networking. Yes, it eats up time, but I've a feeling it's worth it. Some people spend a lot of time blogging - I have blogs, but never use them, so my 'blogging' time is spent on facebook. I use twitter purely for entertainment. Tend to follow a mix of intellectuals, comedians, mathematicians, scientists, and a small number of writing friends. I hardly tweet at all.

It's my birthday and it's snowing! Yes!!!  :cheers:

Geoff_N

Happy birthdya Delph!!!  :dance: :dance:

My facebook experience mirrors yours. Ditto on Twitter.

I'll go and congratulate your birthday on fb now :)

fnord33

Happy birthday Delph!!! :cheers:

Myspace used to be a great marketing tool. Nobody seems to go there anymore though. I've always hated facebook and twitter. I have a theory that they are a conspiracy to trick the next generation into giving up all of their privacy. "Wow, I'm going to eat waffles!" "Aww, my waffles aren't as good as I expected." "Maybe I should have Ironed out a better breakfast plan. LOL" 
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Rook

Happy Birthday, Delph!  :cheers:  :dance:  :cheers:

Quote from: fnord33 on February 19, 2011, 06:43:14 AM
I've always hated facebook and twitter. I have a theory that they are a conspiracy to trick the next generation into giving up all of their privacy. "Wow, I'm going to eat waffles!" "Aww, my waffles aren't as good as I expected." "Maybe I should have Ironed out a better breakfast plan. LOL" 

:2funny:

delph_ambi

Thanks all for the birthday greetings!  :smiley: