gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 12:42:44 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589954 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2850 on: February 19, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »

Happy birthday, Delph afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #2851 on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »

Thanks Ed. I'm going to open my birthday wine now, so anything else I post tonight will probably be utter nonsense.  Cheesy
leatherdykeuk
Global Moderator

« Reply #2852 on: February 19, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »

Happy birthday!
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #2853 on: February 19, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »

lots of 'happies', delf!
delph_ambi
« Reply #2854 on: February 19, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »

Thanks Rachel and Daniel!

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2855 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »

We're supposed to be off out tonight, to a workmate's fiftieth birthday bash, but now we've both had a steak and a glass of wine, the rest of the bottle is looking good and the kids are at grandma's, so right now I'm happy to stay home and make my excuses afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
JonP
Critter

« Reply #2856 on: February 22, 2011, 04:16:54 AM »

Has anyone else got the same problem with the forum as me? The list of most recent posts on the left-hand side of the page disappeared a few days back and hasn't come back since. Any idea why or what I can do to get it back?

marc_chagall
« Reply #2857 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:54 AM »

There's a list? Never seen that.  scratch

Could be because I always go straight to the forum itself rather than looking at the home page.
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2858 on: February 22, 2011, 07:21:09 AM »

Has anyone else got the same problem with the forum as me? The list of most recent posts on the left-hand side of the page disappeared a few days back and hasn't come back since. Any idea why or what I can do to get it back?

Aye, I'm the same... I thought it was from Ed tinkering as it disappeared right after the site maintenance page came up...  scratch ...no idea how to fix it, though.......

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #2859 on: February 22, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »

Yes, I sent Ed a PM about it and he said:

The forum update messed it up, and there's no easy fix -- I have to manually edit the PHP on about a dozen forum pages to delete the portal altogether and then start from scratch. It's going to take hours, and I don't want to cock it up, so I'm leaving it until I have the time to do it all in one hit.

He also said it's been like that for a while, but I only just saw it last night--and I go to that page reasonably often.

My main problem is that the link to Recent Posts (and Replies to My Posts) is now gone from the top left of every page. That was what I always used to get a nice list of everything I hadn't read since last login. Now there's a link way down at the bottom of the Forum page, but it doesn't work the same way. I'm finding it more awkward.
Rook
Critter

« Reply #2860 on: February 22, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »

My main problem is that the link to Recent Posts (and Replies to My Posts) is now gone from the top left of every page. That was what I always used to get a nice list of everything I hadn't read since last login.

I have that bit, fortunately.

On a completely different note, there's another two inches of snow on the ground, and that got me thinking about Kerr, in her cold and snowy neck of the woods-- she hasn't been on in an age. Anybody heard anything from her? I don't know where else she hangs out.  scratch Maybe her internet access is down...

smiley

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg
jingold
Critter

« Reply #2861 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:41 AM »

On a completely different note, there's another two inches of snow on the ground, and that got me thinking about Kerr, in her cold and snowy neck of the woods-- she hasn't been on in an age. Anybody heard anything from her? I don't know where else she hangs out.   Maybe her internet access is down...

It looks like she's been on one of the other writer's forums in the past day, so she at least has internet....

In other news.... Has anyone else heard the news about Necrotic Tissue?  They're closing down. Link: http://stygianpublications.blogspot.com/  Cry 
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2862 on: February 22, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »

Yes, I sent Ed a PM about it and he said:

The forum update messed it up, and there's no easy fix -- I have to manually edit the PHP on about a dozen forum pages to delete the portal altogether and then start from scratch. It's going to take hours, and I don't want to cock it up, so I'm leaving it until I have the time to do it all in one hit.

He also said it's been like that for a while, but I only just saw it last night--and I go to that page reasonably often.

My main problem is that the link to Recent Posts (and Replies to My Posts) is now gone from the top left of every page. That was what I always used to get a nice list of everything I hadn't read since last login. Now there's a link way down at the bottom of the Forum page, but it doesn't work the same way. I'm finding it more awkward.

Thanks for explaining for me -- I thought I had sent Jon a PM about it, but I obviously haven't.

Re the link to recent posts, etc., if you click the arrow button to the left of the Home|forum|help|search|profile|log out buttons, that collapses and restores the box you want afro

elay2433
Critter

« Reply #2863 on: February 22, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »

In other news.... Has anyone else heard the news about Necrotic Tissue?  They're closing down. Link: http://stygianpublications.blogspot.com/ 

Bummer.

Jerry Enni lives in a small house in the center of the San Joaquin Valley with his beautiful family. By day he makes signs and by night he writes stories. To learn more about him, check out Clear Perspective, Blurry Lens
JonP
Critter

« Reply #2864 on: February 22, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »

Thanks, Pharosian! And take your time, Ed smiley

Damn shame about Necrotic Tissue. They were one of the first places to publish anything of mine. Got the T shirt to prove it.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx