News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharosian

Quote from: Ed on February 22, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
Re the link to recent posts, etc., if you click the arrow button to the left of the Home|forum|help|search|profile|log out buttons, that collapses and restores the box you want :afro:

Woo hoo!  :dance:  Thanks! I really wasn't finding the alternate navigation as easy to deal with.

jsorensen

No luck with me getting that Most Recent Box to come back.  I know I'm terrible at computers, but this seems even sad for me  :bangh:  I've hit all the carrots to the left of the home button and nothing shows up at all  :pissed:
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

Ed

Quote from: jsorensen on February 22, 2011, 10:20:03 PM
No luck with me getting that Most Recent Box to come back.  I know I'm terrible at computers, but this seems even sad for me  :bangh:  I've hit all the carrots to the left of the home button and nothing shows up at all  :pissed:

:scratch: Hmm. When the arrow points up, the box is supposed to be up, and when it points down it's down. I've taken a screen capture for you, just in case you're pressing the wrong button. It's ringed in yellow.

Edit: If you're talking about a box to the left or right on the front page, it won't work, because the portal is broken. That's the same for everybody. We're talking about the box containing your avatar and the following text links:

QuoteHey, jsorensen, you have xxxx messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: xx days, xx hours and xx minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

If you still can't get it to work, please tell me more information, like what forum skin you're using, browser, etc. Have you tried a hard refresh? (ctrl+r) Sometimes your browser shows you an old page, especially if you're using AOL, so you change something and it doesn't show. Most frustrating if you're testing a web design, make changes, then can't see them.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

jsorensen

Well, I have no idea what happened, but this afternoon when I logged on, the Most Recent Posts were back in one of the themes...go figure... :cool:
He had something to say. He said it. . . . He had summed up—he had judged. 'The horror!'

Rev. Austin

Well, I have now started my 7303 teaching course!  And it's not costing me a bean, since I claim housing benefit.  Whaddyaknow, the system works  ;) It's going to keep me super busy until July, but then I'll be able to teach in the 'post-16 sector', which is rather exciting.  And I move into my new place in two weeks, which is also very exciting.  I'm also working on some ideas for the collective story, and polishing off a few subs, and yes, that's also exciting haha  :afro:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

LashSlash

Quote from: Sallyq on October 22, 2007, 04:49:55 AM
Hubby is off out for the day, so I'm going to be working on some new story ideas - as in trying to find some ideas rather than those I've already got! There's nothing that's shouting 'Write me!' at the moment.
... hello Es -- long time no hear! [daniel]

jsorensen

Quote from: Rev. Austin on February 25, 2011, 07:23:28 AM
Well, I have now started my 7303 teaching course!  ...  then I'll be able to teach in the 'post-16 sector', which is rather exciting. 

Very nice Rev--best of luck to you.  Teaching is definitely one of those great selfish/unselfish pursuits...

Rook

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Sounds like an exciting time to be a Reverend Austin :afro:

I think you will make a great teacher. I can't imagine any child sleeping through one of your lessons, that's for sure :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Ha!  Thanks  :grin: Later on in this course I have to do a 30 min 'micro lesson' in front of my peers.  That ought to be interesting  :cheesy:

Also, what's the crack with this place?!  It's all light and airy, and is apparently 'EPSILON - simple machines forum' ?!?!?!   :buck:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

marc_chagall

Have just put a large chunk of brisket into the slow cooker along with half a bottle of Chianti, salt, pepper, juniper berries, star anise, allspice, a big piece of cassia bark and a couple of bay leaves. Will be serving later with potatoes roasted with garlic, rosemary and thyme; fresh garden peas; and little Yorkshire puddings. Am salivating already. Just eight hours to wait...

Pharosian

delph -- what's the occasion?

Rev -- go to the Home page and you should see a dropdown menu with 'Epsilon' in it. Choose 'Helios' instead, and you'll be back in the black!  ;)

jsorensen

Delph---are you going to save any for us? 

Ed

Quote from: Rev. Austin on February 26, 2011, 06:22:04 AM

Also, what's the crack with this place?!  It's all light and airy, and is apparently 'EPSILON - simple machines forum' ?!?!?!   :buck:

Ah -- sorry about that. I've been farting around with Epsilon, trying to get it to work properly, and didn't realise I'd inadvertently installed it as the forum default :idiot:

marc_chagall

Re: the meal - the occasion is a visit from my brother and sister-in-law, and sorry, doubt if there will be any left overs!