gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2017, 03:00:43 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589239 times)
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3285 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »

My tech-savvy chum reckons it's the memory that's going kaput, and he, rather luckily, has a ton of spare parts I can use...whenever he makes it round to fit them  rolleyes thank you for the offer of bits, though fnord  afro

I've been researching paranoid delusions and associated illness and it's all very interesting. An ex-housemate worked in a pysch ward for a bit and she told me some stuff I've yet to put to good use, so I think I'm going to make the delusion the 'core' reality and the 'delusion' the actual (ie our) reality. Not terribly original but I reckon for the amount of time the film'll be I can pull something snazzy off Wink

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3286 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:34 AM »

My last full day at CentreParcs. Going for a treatment this afternoon where fish will nibble my feet for £20. Brave or stupid, I'd want more than that to suck on my feet.

Fertile ground for horror writers. rolleyes

Had quite a relaxing break, apart from all the hills here -- it's like the tour de France just to get to dinner and back. My legs are knackered. I could probably count the number of times on one hand that I've ridden this bike in the last three years before we came here. Was gutted on the first day -- backed the car up, didn't see a wooden post in the rain, bent my bike's back wheel like a banana. Took the wheel off and straightened it out between two trees. Got it remarkably good, all things considered, but it isn't quite right.

Got loads of sleep here. Between nine and ten hours every night, plus the occasional nap during the day. I obviously needed it. I had pretty much reached the end of my tether before we came away.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3287 on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »

Sounds like you're nice and recharged, Ed  afro

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3288 on: August 21, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »

Sounds like you're nice and recharged, Ed  afro

Certainly feel better, thanks afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
marc_chagall
« Reply #3289 on: August 21, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »

And how are the feet after the fishy treatment? All soft and pink?
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #3290 on: August 21, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »

And how are the feet after the fishy treatment? All soft and pink?

And how are the fish after chewing on your feet, Ed?

DW Cheesy

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3291 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »

Heh -- very strange sensation. It was strangely disquieting. The tank was a little too small to comfortably accept both feet without the risk of squishing a few fish against the sides, and there were probably fifty of the little buggers in there swarming around my feet and biting me. The ones on the soles of my feet very nearly hurt -- they were right on the threshold of pain. On the whole, it felt a lot like when you've got pins and needles.

The whole thing's completely pointless, though. The fish aren't positively selective about which skin they feed on, nor do they make anything other than superficial attempts at actually chewing bits off. What's needed is a tank of tiny piranha and lots of masking tape, so that they actually chew off your hard skin while leaving the rest unscathed. All these garra fish do is eat the easy stuff and avoid the tough skin altogether rolleyes Useless

I've got a few pics of it that I'll post when I've got five minutes spare afro

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3292 on: August 22, 2011, 02:32:40 AM »

Back to work today after a fortnight off.  undecided  Dreading turning my email on.... Not sure where the last few weeks went, time seemed to crawl along for months and then suddenly race forward. I wonder if there are statistics showing how many more lottery tickets are bought at times such as this?

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #3293 on: August 22, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »

It's been a weird week. I bought a bunch of awful heavy metal CDs for cheap. They're worth a fortune online, but after checking them out I can't imagine why. I finally got access to a lawn mower and conquered the forest that's been thriving behind my house. All it cost me was a few inches of thumb skin. I've been using new skin on the raw spots, so my thumbs are all zombie chic/rotten looking. There was a pit-bull involved. He kept trying to bite the tires and drag the mower away, but it never quite worked out for him. THen my wife came out with the weed eater and he started attacking it instead. Somehow he still has a face. One of my best friends who (might have cancer) gave up on quitting tobacco. I saw "The Bear" (One of the most impressive southern Gothic/jazz bands ever) again. One of my coworkers found out I'm a writer and is hell-bent on reading my first book. I tried to dissuade her, but she wouldn't listen.  Another good friend's dog died. Lots of other random stuff too. It's been eventful, which unfortunately means that time to write has been somewhat sparse.

Saw a really good movie too. If you have a chance to see Mr Nobody, do.             

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3294 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:16 AM »

What's it about, fnord? I watched The Killer Inside Me the other day - parts of it were really chilling, and I liked it, but Casey Affleck's Texan accent was a bit mumbly at times and hard to understand Cheesy

What metal albums did you pick up? I've gone right off heavy metal lately, except for doom/sludge stuff. And The Bear sound like they'd be right up my alley - do they have a website or anything?

I'm going to try and use today to finish writing a story, and finish editing a music video for my band. I'm using found footage and public domain PSAs!  cool
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:42:25 AM by Rev. Austin » Logged

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3295 on: August 22, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »

Good luck with that, Rev. What video editing software do you use? I keep meaning to edit together a load of footage taken on my iphone, but I don't have any decent software to do it. I don't think I have, anyway. I expect there's a freeware one out there that's half sensible, isn't there?

Anyhoo -- just got home from CenterParcs. It was a nice little break. The weather could have been better, but I suspect if it had been I wouldn't have got as much done as I have, and I would have felt disappointed at that, so it's probably a better result, truth be told afro

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3296 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »

Ha! Speaking of Casey Affleck, we just watched Gone Baby Gone this weekend. It's really good (loads of tension in some places), but I had trouble understanding everything that was said. Heavy Boston accent in this case.
Rev. Austin
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3297 on: August 22, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »

Good luck with that, Rev. What video editing software do you use? I keep meaning to edit together a load of footage taken on my iphone, but I don't have any decent software to do it. I don't think I have, anyway. I expect there's a freeware one out there that's half sensible, isn't there?

I use Adobe Premier. But it isn't a cracked version, so it doesn't crash occasionally, and I don't have to set my pc to an earlier date to use it  grin For your needs Ed, Windows Movie Maker is perfectly servicable if all you really want to do is splice stuff together  smiley

Ha! Speaking of Casey Affleck, we just watched Gone Baby Gone this weekend. It's really good (loads of tension in some places), but I had trouble understanding everything that was said. Heavy Boston accent in this case.

I really like Gone Baby Gone. I like how it kind of ends halfway through and then all that other stuff happens  Wink

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3298 on: August 22, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »

I use Window Movie Maker, but I wouldn't mind something with a few more options. Maybe when I get a more powerful PC sometime in the future....

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3299 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »

Ah, thanks Rev -- I think I've not got a cracked version of Adobe Premiere somewhere, now you come to mention it. I tried using movie maker before, but it doesn't handle big files well. At least not on my comp. I could do with upgrading my PC, though. Vid files are so huge they slow mine right down, and I frequently run out of virtual memory.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx