News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Sounds like a very good weekend, Del :afro:

In other news -- this is my first day back to work for two weeks, and I'm dreading it :/ I'm sure it'll be ok once I get back into the swing of it, though.

Not having any luck finding a sponsor for this year's CafeDoom competition, so I'll have to put out a few more feelers tonight, when I get home.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Organised an all-dayer at a local rock pub on Saturday, and had bands from all over the UK come down. Was a resounding success, although we were the only band to suffer technical difficulties (the pa kept cutting out) so it was a good thing we went on last ;) I also made a rather foolhardy boast that if our Facebook page got over 100 likes before we played, someone would get their kit off - and there was only a last minute barrage of 'likes' in the hour before we played :cheesy:  :hidin: I'm still recovering from the weekend, so my writing's taken a backseat, which is annoying because I was steaming ahead with something I'm still hopeful will be sorted enough to pop in the crit group...
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Rook

Hurricane Irene knocked out our power for a day and a half, thanks to a tree down a few miles away, and drowned us in a good deluge, but no flooding and we ended up will no real damage, thank goodness. Just a wet basement--everyone gets wet basements around here, with just a little bit of rain, so that wasn't a surprise. I've two aunts in Maryland still without power, but everyone made it through relatively unscathed.  :afro:

Has Oz been on? Wonder how he made out... :scratch:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Glad to hear you missed the worst of it. Sounded like it could have been pretty bad if it had hit with its full force.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Yesterday was a classic first day back to work. A job that should have taken half a day went pear shaped and ended in a late one. I won't go into the grizzly details, but suffice to say it reached a catch 22 state that required drastic action to bring it right. It was a rare day.

Rev. Austin

Quote from: Rook on August 30, 2011, 09:59:06 AM
Hurricane Irene knocked out our power for a day and a half, thanks to a tree down a few miles away, and drowned us in a good deluge, but no flooding and we ended up will no real damage, thank goodness. Just a wet basement--everyone gets wet basements around here, with just a little bit of rain, so that wasn't a surprise. I've two aunts in Maryland still without power, but everyone made it through relatively unscathed.  :afro:

Has Oz been on? Wonder how he made out... :scratch:

I spotted him wandering arounf Facebook looking a bit damp but otherwise okay  ;)

Rev. Austin

Geoff_N

Classic- I saw the forecast was good for the rest of this week so I decided to cycle-camp in Snowdonia, taking diddy laptop to catch up on some writing. Packing the bike went well until I reached in my garage for my 2.5kg Vango tent. Not there. So that's today's job - the garage sort out is years overdue, along with the box room in the house where I keep other stuff. Aarrrggh.

Rook

Quote from: Rev. Austin on August 31, 2011, 04:20:05 AM
I spotted him wandering arounf Facebook looking a bit damp but otherwise okay  ;)

:cheers:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Caz

Did anyone else see the truck that got caught up in the American floods. They showed it on the BBC news channel and all that could be seen was the roof of the cab and box section at the back, and it was just the very top flat section, as the truck somehow drove down the road. It stopped after a few hundred yards and after a moments or so two guys appeared from under the water, presumably the driver and his mate. Weirdest thing I've seen in a long time. :shocked:
Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

Ed

No, I haven't seen that -- sounds really weird. I'll see if I can find it on the BBC website :afro:

Geoff_N

Ed

Thanks for the link -- I couldn't find it before. Makes you wonder how they thought they could get through it. It was kinda obvious they couldn't, wasn't it? :idiot:

Geoff_N

Yesterday, I rode slowly over a pedestrian suspension bridge. Not supposed to ride and I get off if there are a lot of people or children. An old lady told me off saying 'You're not supposed to bicycle on here, young man!' I replied, 'I'm a bad, bad man.' As I rode past her I could hear her laughing so much I was expecting to see a puddle beneath her!

Caz

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.